PEAX Equipment

2022-2023 Waterfowl Pics Thread

That's a weird one, no obvious hybrid that jumps out to me. I shot a mal X pintail that had a greenish speculum, but lots of other features were mixed as well. Was the head and bill standard mallard?
ya he had a little more brown on the crown of his head than most but pretty normal. I saw the belly first and was like huh thats different and then saw the green speculum. Neat to see oddballs. I see alot of mallards taken every yr and I always get a little excited to see something a little off on one.

ya he had a little more brown on the crown of his head than most but pretty normal. I saw the belly first and was like huh thats different and then saw the green speculum. Neat to see oddballs. I see alot of mallards taken every yr and I always get a little excited to see something a little off on one.
So I'm guessing the bird didn't get saved.

This is our floating blind in a flooded island on the Sacramento/San Juaquin delta. It's public water and for being just on the edge of the SF bay area we're very fortunate to have it. A combination of hugely reduced rice crops in the Sacramento valley and favorable weather have helped us have a great year so far with more weather in the forecast. Three man limit today with the first banded Pintail any of us have gotten. At least a five year old bird from the report.
Blind.jpgDucks.jpgPintail.jpg

This is our floating blind in a flooded island on the Sacramento/San Juaquin delta. It's public water and for being just on the edge of the SF bay area we're very fortunate to have it. A combination of hugely reduced rice crops in the Sacramento valley and favorable weather have helped us have a great year so far with more weather in the forecast. Three man limit today with the first banded Pintail any of us have gotten. At least a five year old bird from the report.
View attachment 258341View attachment 258342View attachment 258343
Couldn't think of a better mixed bag.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back