2021- Who got skunked?

I came close to getting a cow with a otc tag. It was my first elk hunt and I ended up going solo because all my “buds” backed out, blaming wives and such 🙄. I’m going back with a bigger better plan. It’s slow down, drink water, eat and slow down some more. I’m sorta past the point of counting on friends to go. Soon enough and I’ll be taking my kids. Anyone else’s friends talk big plans and then always back out? We were going to do a bear hunt this spring but… yeah you know the rest lol
Story of my life, everyone is going until
August rolls around then they all find other things to do.

Anyone else’s friends talk big plans and then always back out?
Story of my life, after 10 years I have 2 hunting buddies who are reliable. Those relationship are extremely important to me... funny parallels to outfitting maybe?

Every year I call both of them, they get first dibs on any open dates I have for hunting trips, if they get a tag I make time to go as a packer.

Because the big talk is so frustrating I try my best to never be that guy, I try to say no when I know it's not happening, and if I'm on the fence I try to communicate "hey I would love to but low odds."

Also I plan a lot of stuff solo.

Anyway maybe an overshare, but I deeply identify with this... sorry man, been there and it's sooo frustrating.

My son and I got skunked on our cow elk tags in NV only because we had a very short window to go hunting because he came down with Covid and it took a couple of weeks for him to get over it and then he was starting his job at a ski resort.
So we never got to go.
On the plus side we did good on his mule deer hunt and then we immediately went to AZ to help my brother with his cow elk hunt which was a success. (y)

I got skunked. The only tag I drew in 2021 was AZ deer. Had a nice buck outsmart me when I went chasing him into a small canyon. I got within 100nyds of him but never saw him until he crested over into the next canyon. Also missed a smaller buck a couple days later. The two other hunters in camp were able to fill their tags. We still had a great time!

I got skunked. The only tag I drew in 2021 was AZ deer. Had a nice buck outsmart me when I went chasing him into a small canyon. I got within 100nyds of him but never saw him until he crested over into the next canyon. Also missed a smaller buck a couple days later. The two other hunters in camp were able to fill their tags. We still had a great time!
Muley or coues ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back