2021 Spring Bear Thread

Glassed up a handful this weekend. The tiny brown one took about a 4 hour nap on top of that rock behind him. A third chocolate had my interest but he was not in a very glassable location and I couldn't re-find him after moving. I got a good feeling about later this week.

18F811F7-289D-4A4D-B423-2AD492B33BF2.jpeg

951F0F24-3463-45B5-B042-943012669B58.jpeg

I’ve been hiking a pretty good amount on gated forest trails and pretty sure I bumped this guy a few weeks ago. I set up this trailcam nearby to where I bumped him and color and size seem similar. Been back a few more times tho and no trace. Next week my brothers, friends and I have bear camp for four days so will really get serious.

Attachments

• F0A94CA7-166B-4188-A5AB-BAA1836DCC51.jpeg
    F0A94CA7-166B-4188-A5AB-BAA1836DCC51.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 84C164FA-B5A7-4BB6-9CE1-CC85AEC4486C.jpeg
    84C164FA-B5A7-4BB6-9CE1-CC85AEC4486C.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 63
Hey everyone, I am new to HuntTalk but have been reading forums over the past year or so. I just moved to Missoula from Georgia at the beginning of May and have been out hunting bears every day since I got here. I have found some scat and some older tracks on some public land outside of Missoula but have yet to see a bear. Could anyone offer some tips to help me out? I've been glassing South facing slopes, walking old logging roads, and just generally spending as much time in the woods as possible.

Hey everyone, I am new to HuntTalk but have been reading forums over the past year or so. I just moved to Missoula from Georgia at the beginning of May and have been out hunting bears every day since I got here. I have found some scat and some older tracks on some public land outside of Missoula but have yet to see a bear. Could anyone offer some tips to help me out? I've been glassing South facing slopes, walking old logging roads, and just generally spending as much time in the woods as possible.

This plus This equals This.

Just smother yourself in bacon and honey - they’ll find you! 😆

Seriously, though, just keep at it. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back