2021 Spring Bear Thread

EYJONAS!

Here it's folks the 2021 Montana Spring Bear opener. First off good luck to everyone that's getting out chasing the bruins this spring season. It's truly one of the best times of the year in my opinion. Anyone getting out post some pics. Everyone is welcome to share whether your chasing spring bruins in Montana or brownies in Alaska even sitting over a tub of jelly donuts in Canada. If your hunt turns into a shed hunt or a mushroom hunt let's see it. Good luck everyone and be safe out there!FullSizeR(1).jpg

We dont have spring bear here in Pa but I am a bear hunting nut so I love to follow you guys out west on this post
but work is going great so much better than last yr and being self employed I may just take off and run up n down a few mtns looking for one on a grassy hill this yr
either way good luck guys n gals n post pics

Attachments

• 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 5
Snow is leaving the Seeley Swan area BUT the roads don't open until May 1st so getting off the highway is limited. Up a little higher than the valley floor the snow gets deep quickly. The Jocko snotel elevation 6330' show's 85 inches today at 400pm and the temps from the low 30's to the mid 40's. Mid to late May might the best time.... maybe LOL

Perks of baiting four miles from town. Broke out my tricks today of liquid smoke, jello powder, icing sugar and vanilla. Usually I do that when I set the bait but I forgot. Did it today in hopes of getting some action on this bait over these next couple real warm days we are supposed to have 41FF33E9-1D59-406A-B86C-0B4B884329D4.jpeg

One of my favorite times of year!! Hoping to get out in the next few weeks. Didn't see much for green grass this past weekend. It seems to happen fast though when it does! Good luck to everyone!

Broke a snowshoe binding a couple miles in on the first hike of the year. Also my pack feels heavier and the waist belt seems to have shrunk slightly. I will be contacting Stone Glacier customer service about this.

Fortunately I always keep an IPA or two in the pack to #tacticallyhydrate through such trying times.

9C01A1E6-692F-4D1D-ABCD-1294CC30DB76.jpegE6EDAF9A-108D-40A5-985C-99877CD5D094.jpeg

For MT:

Reminders for bear tagging and harvest reporting. Please consult the latest regulations for detailed information.

Report online at MyFWP, login and click reporting tab on left side.

Harvest Reporting Line: 1-877-FWP-WILD (1-877-397-9453)

Black Bear

There is a mandatory 48-hour reporting requirement for black bear harvest in BMUs 510, 520, and 700. When the quota is reached or approached, the black bear season in BMUs 510, 520, and 700 will close upon 48 hours’ notice. For Quota Status call 1-800-385-7826 or (406) 444-1989.

Within 10 days of harvesting a black bear, the successful hunter must present to a Montana FWP official the complete bear hide and skull for the purpose of inspection, tagging and possible removal of a tooth (for aging). The hide and skull must be presented in a condition that allows full inspection and tooth collection (i.e., unfrozen). On the reporting date, successful hunters are required to provide FWP personnel with hunter’s name, telephone number, ALS number, Bear Management Unit (BMU), and county.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back