2021 Nevada Desert Ram Story

Thanks, 2 great hunts, neither the same. My utah hunt 20 days scouting then 9 hunting, saw maybe 50 sheep, 10 of which were rams. Nevada? 9 scouting days. 15min of hunting. Saw 100's of sheep. To many rams to count.
Both epic in their own way

This is a dream hunt for me!!
Keep applying. That's all I can say. I started applying in 2004. I also am not a score guy, so finding a unit where I actually had a reasonable shot at drawing in my lifetime was more important than applying in the "popular " units. I am set on taking a mature ram and just enjoying the hunt.

Good luck.

Same here! I would just like to be able to go sometime… I don’t want to trade an extra couple inches of horns vs losing a shot at going

What is your hunt plan? What kind of help you got?

Hunt plan.

I plan to take off I think on the 7th season opens the 9th.

Going to do one more scouting trip in November, probably after Thanksgiving when most of the early tag holders should be done.

Then it's me and my dad and possibly father in law.

Wall tent. Wood stove.

Freeze our asses off and try to come home with a 6 year old plus ram.

My dad was there for my first deer, and elk, and hopefully my first (being optimistic) sheep.

I wanted to go this weekend, but my truck broke down in August and I caught covid shortly thereafter. I am still recovering from covid, but should return to work next week, and be able to get the truck fixed soon thereafter.

When I hunted my ram I spent a few nights in Tonopah. Last hotel out of town was cheap and clean. How far out in 213 are you planning on camping?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back