Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2021 NASCAR Fantasy league. Wanna join?

So the Canadian had Harvick? 🤣
Yep. Believe he also had Reddick. There's a 2nd place finisher. K Busch pulled one out. Finally. Waiting for scoring to finish to see just how bad this one hurt.

Off to Texas next Sunday. If I have a signal I'll try to post a few pics.

Made it to Ft. Worth. Found the track. Going to the Cabela's this morning and the stockyards. Rodeo tonight. Tomorrow will be exploring and finding the best BBQ joint for brisket. Traffic is nasty around here! It's going to be a long weekend...

We made an executive decision and are skipping the driving around looking for things to do and we will go to the Xfinity race this afternoon instead. Get our race shirts today and not have to lug them around tomorrow. Filling up with lunch somewhere and hopefully the traffic into the track is manageable!

Time for a wrap-up. Got home this afternoon. Left Ft. Worth yesterday and headed over to Memphis. Picked up a couple sampler platters at Neely's Interstate BBQ and took them back to our hotel room. I've now made the decision to skip BBQ joints in the future. Always seem to be disappointed. Their hot links were really good, the beef ribs were meaty, moist and tender, but that was about it. Pulled pork had no flavor and the pork ribs had a strange, "spoiled meat" taste to them. Brisket was the same as ALL the others, dry. The BBQ spaghetti wasn't bad. Oh well.

Left Memphis this morning and made one quick stop for a couple groceries. 8 hours later we were home. Unpack, start laundry, mow the yard. Start the grill and make dinner. Now it's recliner time until I hit the shower and head for bed. Back to work tomorrow. :rolleyes:

The races. Had finish line seats for the Xfinity race. Had some pretty good racing going on at times. Enjoyed it quite a bit. The Cup race we were halfway between the finish line and turn 1 up in row 44. Had a great view of the track, and the Big Hoss screen is just HUGE for watching replays. That came in handy since all of the crash action happened on the other side! When Truex slammed the wall we all winced and said "ouch!". It was very apparent that the Hendrick boys had the cars to beat. Toward the end, Brad and Blaney were holding their own at the restarts but that didn't last long. REALLY was bummed when our boy Logano blew up.

I'll give Texas Motor Speedway props for their facility. Very easy to access the track, parking was simple and FREE, and leaving after the race was simple. Golf carts ran around giving rides up to the track.

The worst part of it all was the construction on 35. WOW, did THAT suck! It was a total clusterf@&#! It was so bad that a couple of times once we finally made it to where we were going I was shaking like I just escaped being slammed by a semi! We actually decided NOT to explore the city any farther and passed up going to the Pecan Ranch BBQ joint. (probably not a bad decision with my past experiences) Had thought about Gas Monkey Garage. Nope. Never even looked for a Harley shop to get myself a new t-shirt! Friday was the Stockyards and a rodeo. At least that part was a simple drive OFF of the interstate where a blind man could find his way! Leave the hotel on a side street, make one turn, and boom! There. Easiest part of the trip.

So, now I've been to all 50 states. Sorry if I offend any Texas folks, but I have NO desire to set foot back there again. The rest of the state may be just fine, but this past week in Fort Worth was a stressful mess.

Three races to go! At least you guys didn't thump me too bad in points this time. We'll see what happens now.

Time for a REAL shower and bed. Back to the grind and a 4AM wakeup. :mad:

titanic.jpg

No chance at all for me to catch up now! 😞 Congrats BHR on the win! Looks like you and the Canadian will fight for the season win, I'll take 3rd, and we'll have 2 fighting for 4th. I kept overthinking my Group A pick and changed it 3 times! Ended up only a 20 point loss but all points count. Reddick hosed several of us. 2 more, and then it gets boring on Sundays!

Hey at least you didn’t drive to Kansas to watch your driver come in with a 27 point cushion and leave below the cut line… F’in Austin Dillon 🤬
Bummer! Yeah, not a Dillon fan ever since he spun Almirola to win the Daytona race. Little chilly, was it? 😉 Sunshine and sunburned last week in Texas.

Back