2020 Load hauler Backpacks

DaveAZ

Thought more would see my post on this thread so hope you don't mind.
I've been waiting to order the new Mystery Ranch Metcalf backpack but it's been months and really can't wait any longer. I thought the new 2020 upgrades to the Metcalf looked nice. Do any of you have any favorite hunting backpacks models?

Thought more would see my post on this thread so hope you don't mind.
I've been waiting to order the new Mystery Ranch Metcalf backpack but it's been months and really can't wait any longer. I thought the new 2020 upgrades to the Metcalf looked nice. Do any of you have any favorite hunting backpacks models?
I picked up a Seek Outside pack and am loving it. The hip belt and compression system are the shining stars.

MR Cabinet.....this is with the entire doe.

Attachments

• Larry ful pack side E1.jpg
    Larry ful pack side E1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 20191213_104830.jpg
    20191213_104830.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 33
I run the exo pack 6400 model and love it. The K3 frame is light but very strong. I would highly recommend these packs to everyone!!!

I have Been waiting for a beartooth, Marshall and metcalf to come back in stock. there are a few sites out there iv been told that still have them in stock but haven’t found them yet with the new frame. I did talk to MR customer service about a timeline, all they could tell me is 2021,could be sooner you never know.

I have Been waiting for a beartooth, Marshall and metcalf to come back in stock. there are a few sites out there iv been told that still have them in stock but haven’t found them yet with the new frame. I did talk to MR customer service about a timeline, all they could tell me is 2021,could be sooner you never know.
Check Scheels - they have a sale on them right now

Looks like BlackOvis has the MRs with the new frames in stock, all except the Metcalf though...

Bummer, when I had emailed MR back in May they told me they'd probably have a few Metcalf packs arrive early to mid July. I did what they said and put my email on the list to be contacted. So now they're telling you 2021? Whew! Well, good to know. Had my heart set on the new Metcalf after seeing the new upgrades. Don't need or want anything larger than the Metcalf. I might decide to make do with the pack I have for another season but I am also going to look at the other packs mentioned in this post. Work has kept me from finding the time to do much of anything else lately. So i am going to wait until I have the time to do my research.

Bummer, when I had emailed MR back in May they told me they'd probably have a few Metcalf packs arrive early to mid July. I did what they said and put my email on the list to be contacted. So now they're telling you 2021? Whew! Well, good to know. Had my heart set on the new Metcalf after seeing the new upgrades. Don't need or want anything larger than the Metcalf. I might decide to make do with the pack I have for another season but I am also going to look at the other packs mentioned in this post. Work has kept me from finding the time to do much of anything else lately. So i am going to wait until I have the time to do my research.
I have been checking their website every day. As of today they have small subalpine available in the metcalf. I only told them I needed 2 in size large and one in XL so might be a longer wait for the bigger sizes.

I have been checking their website every day. As of today they have small subalpine available in the metcalf. I only told them I needed 2 in size large and one in XL so might be a longer wait for the bigger sizes.
Same, waiting for XL

I have a Seek Outside. Not a lot of bells and whistles but it is the most comfortable pack, for heavy loads, that I have ever owned. The bag is also waterproof, which is really nice.
Lots of great info. It's a tough decision because I know that this will be the last hunting Backpack I order. Whatever I buy will outlast my time in the mountains. Your description of the Seek Outside sounds pretty good.

Just got a Stone Glacier Evo 3300 to replace my old Eberlestock Dragonfly a couple months back, haven’t done any heavy weight yet, but a few hikes with supplies for the group. Really like how light it is, so far love the fit. Hope to beat the crap out of it this fall.

Back