Caribou Gear

2016 Frustration Elk

375H&H

I know this is from 2016 (a little late) but I wasn't a member at that time. Took me 14 days of hunting to finally get this bull. Only elk I saw that entire time and was exhausting mentally. I saw him at 500 yds and stalked to 30yds where I shot him twice. He was an older bull with great mass, 20" thirds on both sides, and 48" spread between the thirds. As he was feeding the third tines swinging really stood out. This hunt taught me what the elk do and where they go in the unit I hunt as the season gets later.

IMG_0357.jpgIMG_0358.jpg

Beautiful bull and quite the hunt to stay with it that long and only see the animal you finally shot---Congrats big time!

A hunt like that can take a lot out of you. Glad it worked out that's a great bull.

I am sure the rifle was unloaded but makes me nervous just looking at that. Of course, nice bull so took a while to notice there was a gun in the pic. Congrats.

Way to persist. Finally tagging that guy had to be a good feeling.

I am sure the rifle was unloaded but makes me nervous just looking at that. Of course, nice bull so took a while to notice there was a gun in the pic. Congrats.

I saw that and thought about saying something, especially with the closed bolt, but thought it might take away from the thread.

Have no fear, the gun was unloaded, always is for picture time. That was the first thing my brother noticed too, if I get enough ambition I will change the pic.

Collared shirt and jeans? Hunting in style!

Hahaha I also had a pocket watch and monocle that you can't see. Needless to say, I don't wear too much camo or performance gear, I am pretty old school when it comes to clothing, wool is my friend.

Wow!
That is a nice bull.
I have similar bulls hanging on the dream wall in hunts I've been on...I still see them in my dreams.

Back