Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2015 Kansas Turkey Spring Hunting Atlas

lovetohunt

Does anyone know when the 2015 spring turkey atlas will be available? Or if it changes significantly from year to year? A buddy and I are planning on our first KS turkey trip this year and are in the planning stage.

I expect little changing from year to year in the spring WIHA properties, although one of my favorite looking spots of yesteryear is no longer enrolled. :( I find that the sporting goods stores often don't get the printed booklet until after the start of the early spring season; (Disabled and youth hunters start April 1st, archery only starts 4/6 and the "regular" shotgun season commences on tax day (4/15)). Properties that are enrolled should have the signs posted at the property corners, and if the parcel is large enough, signs can be found along roadways away from the corners. I once had the misfortune of planning on going to a spring WIHA that after publication of the booklet had been removed from the program. A slightly larger sign than normal posted at the corners was the only indication of the change.

I would imagine that the department web site will switch over to 2015 map sometime in the middle of March.

For those of you looking for the maps, here is the link for the current map set:

http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/KDWPT-Info/Locations/Hunting-Fishing-Atlas/Spring-Hunting-Atlas

Thanks Kansasdad - We are headed down April 19th so I will continue to check back. Meanwhile we will continue to look at what we have at the moment.

What KSdad said, normally they post online 3-4 weeks before opener.

Are you looking at any particular part of the state? Don't overlook wma either a lot of them are very good.

What KSdad said, normally they post online 3-4 weeks before opener.

Are you looking at any particular part of the state? Don't overlook wma either a lot of them are very good.

We are kinda looking around northish central Kansas. Trying to get far enough west and south to get into some Rio's. I will also look into the WMA's as well.

If you settle on some place if I can help I would be glad to. I know mostly south east/ south central and some northwest areas. There is a band where easterns meet rios and there are quite a few hybrids however you would probably never know. They can take on characteristics of both pretty easily.

We were kinda looking around Osborne County but honestly are open to any promising leads. Another co-worker said to try SW of Marysville but looking at the maps thought it might be eastern territory.

We were kinda looking around Osborne County but honestly are open to any promising leads. Another co-worker said to try SW of Marysville but looking at the maps thought it might be eastern territory.

Look at Lovewell Res. by Mankato I shot a Rio in the fall there. They have camping and shower houses.

We stayed in Marysville 2 years ago and saw several birds and plenty of walk in area. The weather didn't cooperate very good that year though.

Yeah, I saw they had it online. A co-worker went down to Wakonda Lake fishing and picked me one up also. We picked our tags up Friday on the way down to Missouri for the opening of paddlefish (spoonbill) season. We are getting excited. Still thinking somewhere around Osborne but haven't booked any places to stay yet.

My Wallyworld's sporting goods still only has the 2014 atlas.

The Walmart I bought my license from on Friday didn't have any. My buddy that picked one up for me said wherever he bought his license over by Glen Elder, didn't have it Thursday but had them on Saturday when he went back in there. So I would think they would have them shortly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back