PEAX Equipment

2012 Pronghorn

van franke

Its that time of year again, and its looking good for this early in 2012. Ive seen three bucks with some great potential and got upclose with this one.

h144-234.jpg

h144-235.jpg

h144-237.jpg

With that mass and that prong, this early in the season, you need to be keeping close tabs on that one. Thanks for posting, Van. Nice to see you around.

There will be some more nice ones to come Randy. I need to put my camera in my work truck saw 2 more bucks today that looked really good for this early. It was a really mild winter and things look good for future colorado tag holders.

Check out this picture taking system I got pics of. THey were on location today taking aerial pics of the coil tubing unit.
06-.jpg

05-.jpg

04-.jpg

Here is some pics I took on may 27, 2012
01-.jpg

02-.jpg

03-.jpg

09-.jpg

10-.jpg

11-.jpg

12-.jpg

13-.jpg

Here is a buck I found on the 25th of May that is looking good.

Hope some people found Pronghorn tags in there mail box, should be some good bucks to put them on.
08-.jpg

07-.jpg

Later.

I wonder what a lope would do if that giant skeeter was buzzing near him. My guess is run like hell but you never know.
Got my Kids tag and ranch assignment in NM. Great place, I actually hunted the same place 4 years ago myself under a different owner. I got the map and thought "damn that is right in the same area" and pulled out my old map and sure enough it was not the same area but the same place under a different name!
Kid doesn't know he even has the tag yet. I figure as much as the cost of the tag and travel i think it is fair game to roll this into his birthday card next month. Hope he isn't too disappointed and would rather have another airsoft gun....

Thats awesome schmalts Im sure he will be fired up and ready to go. I bet he could put a new spotting scope to some good use too.. Best of luck to both of you.

Got some more pics uploaded. This first one is two days after the High Park fire started just outside of Ft Collins. I was over 60 miles away when I took it the smoke has been unreal in CO.

1-DSC_0342.jpg

Hopefully they will get it contained, its off to a dry year so far this summer.

Anyway on to the pronghorn.

A hunter would defiantly earn this buck crawling up on him with a bow. You can see all the cactus stuck in the buck too. Natures acupuncture..

1-DSC_0316.jpg

This buck didn't mind me taking picks

6-DSC_0365.jpg

7-DSC_0366.jpg

8-DSC_0369.jpg

9-DSC_0370.jpg

Babies are hitting the ground,

4-DSC_0360.jpg

This one needs to find a better hiding spot.

01-DSC_0387.jpg

02-DSC_0388.jpg

03-DSC_0393.jpg

Better

04-DSC_0396.jpg

Here is some deer I ran into.

08-DSC_0415.jpg

15-DSC_0429.jpg

Thats all Ive got for now, Later.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics