Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2011 NW MT elk

Tree stand elk hunting.....laughable imo. The guys in Texas might. The ones who have moved here and are trying to develop food plots for elk, might. .

It wasn't a clearcut, it was a foodplot wasn't it Draht?

Absolutely, I have hauled a hundred bags of biologic into there. LOL

Whatever dude, its a tough place to hunt from the ground, its a tight creek drainage with swirling winds that screw you 9 out of 10 times, I killed my bull last year fifty yards from this one from the ground, but it was in pouring rain so the scent wasn't being blown all over heck.

I put up the stand because I may have a torn PCL from my hike last weekend where I was trying to hunt elk "the right way" apparently. If I couldn't call him down to me, I'd a got down and went after him. I do what I can to give myself a chance. Sometimes, that is hunt smarter and not harder.

Just like on Pirates of the Caribbean "Dead men tell no tales." So do elk like that. "Dead elk tell no tales."
I wish I was "laughably" cutting up meat right now.

I didn't know you were from Texas Draht.

Nice bull DJ. Now that you have that over with come on out here towards the end of october bowhunting,I have a monster whitetail on camera you are welcome to chase around if you would like to.

HUNT0257.jpg

Here he is

Congrats Draaht, looks like a great bull, glad you were able to get the kids involved as well.

Awesome, job!!! You took an awesome bull! I just helped drag another bull out of the woods. That's two in a week for my family, we aren't getting picky anytime soon and as long as they are mature beauties like this one you shouldn't either. Great job!

That's an awesome bull taken out of tough country. You earned it! How much bigger are you looking for? I wouild take one like that every year till the day I die! Congratulations!

Back