NEW SITKA Ambient 75

2011 MT Muley

cadman59501

Well I havent been on the site in forever, and I have to say I made one of the worst mistake for any die hard hunter. I went into business for myself about 2 weeks into bow season and been slammed ever since. I finally found a day to get out and chase some deer. It just happend to be on the coldest day we've had yet. The initial hike to finding the deer didnt take long maybe only 500 yards or so. I wouldn't have normally shot at this buck but with this probably being only 1 of 2 days I have for hunting and still having a pocket full of tags I figured it would help fill my freezer. But, as I pulled the trigger the buck started to walk away, and I hit him a little too far back. Well after finding the blood trail, which there wasnt a whole lot of at times, we ended up having to track him over 4 miles thru the rolling hills of NE Montana.

The best part about this entire hunt was the fact that I got to share the experience with my little brother for his first ever hunting trip. He just started working for me out from Oregon. He had never even experienced the little bit of snow that we had. That to me was more important and memorable to me than any part of the actual hunt.

2011-11-19_12-47-57_185.jpg

And its still in the velvet so that adds a little extra something.

So I guess team PETA is eating a little more.

Looks like a cross between a whitetail and mule deer possibly why he is still in velvet. I shot one a couple years ago but he wasnt in velvet his rack was like a whitetail though.

Apparently there have been alot of these stags shot around the area this year still in the velvet, and they are also sterile from what one of the game wardens was telling me.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back