Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2011 maine moose hunt!

ALPINESKULLWORKS

After 13 years of applying, I drew a district 3 Bull tag in the great state of Maine! Bought my License, tag, plane ticket and hired an outfitter. $5300.00 later, I am going Moose hunting. Any of you guys hunted Maine?

Yeah pulled a cow tag there last year in a tough unit 13. Had a great time didn't take one but saw some nice bulls. LOL Have a buddy he has drawn 3 times. He drew unit 2 this year he has taken nice bulls everytime. If you have hired an outfitter you will have a blast they know where and how to get on em. Enjoy it because it's a rare tag to get.:)

Should be a fun hunt, keep us posted and, as always, we want pics!

Aplineskullworks: Which season are you going? My buddy drew a Unit 2, October Bull tag. We also booked with OMM. We scheduled a Bear hunt with hounds for before the moose hunt. Maybe I'll see ya there!

Last edited:
You guys are killing me.All I ever do is donate some $$ each year.Hopefully I draw before I'm disabled

congrats on the tag, now GETTERDONE!
I applied a few times, and need to do so again to get in the game. Never drawn.

I' may have to do a tribal hunt if I ever want to go.Just looked them up at $5800 guided or $5000 diy;includes moose license.Some hunttalker told me before on amother post they went for over $10k.He's right but thats for another Indian reservation.I think I'll give them a call on this rainy day,and see if theres a waiting list.Figure a diy hunt to Id would run about the same,and who knows with my luck if I ever draw a tag

Trust that you have a great adventure! Take a stupid amount of pictures to share your story when you get back.

The Maine moose hunt was a success! Got a 58 inch monster on the second day. OMM outfitters has a great camp.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,127
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 997
Outstanding Bull! We may have to get together and talk about this over a Fishing pole and some Beer as I have a Place over around Waldron. Congrats! John

Outstanding bull!! Would love to hear more about your hunt! We are leaving the 3rd to head up there, arrive wednesday, chase bears with hounds thur-sat, then the moose hunt starts the 10th.

Congrats again and give us some details!! Now you've got me even more fired up!!

Back