Yeti GOBOX Collection

2011 DIY Alaskan moose hunt

Did Ernesto offer any advice?(give up a secret spot)? What's your next adventure?

Ernesto offered us some great advise and really helped us a lot. We left the antlers at his place til we can split them and ship them down here. Nope... no secret spots. Oh yeah... we got to meet that famous Indian Larry guy too. Good people...

I picked the spot myself and was told by other moose hunters that seeing 6-8 mature bulls in 11 days was a good moose hunt. My next adventure will be finishing off my moose hunt or going back to Kodiak for deer and caribou... we'll see. Jason and I did the honorable thing and volunteered on the overbooked flight home and were compensated with a free trip back up to the last frontier... and we still got home at the same time because of our layover in Seattle. Just trying to do our part... Ed F

Last edited:
This looks like a great hunt! Congratulations on being along for the harvest of such a magnificent animal! This is a hunt I dream about doing some day!

You guys got a free trip back up, cant beat that. sounds like to better come back next year and complete the other half of the moose hunt! Congrats again on a good bull!

WOW! Very nice! One day - I'll give a go for moose. I have a long way to go on elk - edumacation wise... so when I get to a decent level, I'll give it some real thunkin! :)

Grats - and great write up! Enjoyable read!

Very nice write up Ed. It was great meeting Jason and you. Two dedicated hunters for sure!

Free flight? One doesn't need a reason to come to AK but a free flight should seal the deal!

Good luck on rest of your hunts this year!

Ernesto

Thanks for the writeup and photos, Ed. Sounds like a great hunt, and best of all, you have an excuse to go back.

Congrats on a great bull. I'm seriously thinking of doing a trip like this in the near future. Anyone want to go?

When do we leave?

My next adventure will be finishing off my moose hunt or going back to Kodiak for deer and caribou... we'll see. Ed F

Caribou on Kodiak? Never heard of such a thing... ;)
I'd stick to the moose you seem to be pretty good at it. Congrats to you and your partner on a great hunt!!!

Yeah... bad idea... Kodiak doesn't have any caribou... TB does the location look familiar to you?? Ed F

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 215
Very cool hunt, thanks for the story. Really makes it look pretty accessible for someone to do by themselves

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back