Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2005 fat off!!!! let it begin

Well I am in no means needing to lose any weight before hunting season.I hit the scales this morning at a nice 142 lbs.I do need to start working out big time before hunting season and maybe put on a few pounds.I am going to start jogging after work and get my mountain bike working again.I did a nice hike yesterday morning and was sure gasping for air which I normally do not do.So it is time to start doing something other than drinking beer after work.Good Luck to you all.

I'm still hanging tough with the South Beach Diet. Wednesday, I start phase 2. I'm already at the midpoint of my goal! I started at 170 and now I'm at 160! I haven't felt this good in a long time!! I don't really miss the barley pops either! It's sure nice to have a clear head all the time and it's also nice to wake up without the sore eyes and slight headache of having a couple too many!

I'm still doing my cardio, but havent done a lot of weight training since I've been away from work. We have a nice gym at work, but I've been in meetings for 4 days out of the last week, not to mention the triple shift I worked friday night!

Anyway, I'm proud to say that things are going great and I'm actually fitting in my work clothes! To be honest they were a little tight before and now they are sagging a bit. I'm really looking forward to the relaxed fit in my camos this coming hunting season!

Geeeez! I sound like a woman gossiping with her friends! LOL! But even so, I sure feel great and am happy to report on my progress. Hang in there guys! Maybe we all will be fit and ready for the season! Good luck and hang in there!

Last week Started off Higher after the 4th. Something about a good BBQ and some Chips for the 4th of July Weekend ;) Took the Week to Regain and pass were I was Again. Starting Week 3 @ 214.5 (1.5# Higher then were I should be according to the 9 week plan.). But after last weekend at the Bro-in-laws wedding eating right and not crazy I'm back on track for a Good week.

Friday I should be at 211 and 100% on track. Will update then.

I'm over 2 weeks without a Coke or a Shake. Someone Kick me in the Nutz please....... ;)

down 3 lbs, 9 to go for my goal. Last year was really a shocker for me. I started at 222 and by hunting season i was 198. by the end of the season i was 185 and the wife was worried my cancer was back and said i didnt look healthy. I went in for my usual check up and it was O.K. so i started pigging out again and couldnt put on any pounds until almost Xmas time. I guess my metabolism was so wound up and my body was still in fat burning mode from the low card diet that it took a while to go back to gaining it back.
At least while i was just watching my carbs all winter (instead of cutting them) i didnt gain a ton back. I am starting out a whole lot less than last year.
I don't care what anyone says, the low carb thing works. And while you do have a low energy level at first it is only for a while until your body converts over to the fat burning mode for energy. a couple weeks of low energy then BAM!! the pounds come off fast.
And with An elk, deer and Oryx in the freezer it is not expensive to eat meat like a grizzly all summer and fall! :D

OK, I'm in. 237 lbs yesterday, and I ate nothing but a big salad for dinner tonight.
My goal is to drop 15 lbs in 60 days. I leave for New Mexico on Sept. 9, and I plan on being 222 when I get in the truck.

Deerking you are going the wrong direction.

We should have a fat-"on" regime. I'd like a little extra cushion when I trip in the forest or on the rocks.. not to mention a little extra energy reserve when I'm tired and didn't carry enough food. I'm about 180, planning to hit 185 by Septermber. It's a tough goal, but I figure if I keep drinking beer and eating good, there's a chance. But the summer hiking and trips to the gym make it a little hard to make much progress.

Oops July 4th was tough on me too. Went from 231 to 234.

Now down to 228.5 after a week and a half of cycling and cutting carbs/portions down. I'll try this for a week or two before going nuclear (no carbs). Only 20 more pounds to go.

Everything going well. After one week I lost 3 pounds, if I can lose 2+ every week until goat season comes, I'll just fly to the top of the hill!

Lotsa greens, nuts for snacks, plenty of meat and protein and yeah, lots of exercise.

Yesterday was brutal, I took off at 90 degrees, walked 1/2 mile to the base of a steep hill. Climbed over it, down the other side and up then next, then down, back up the first and down it then up the next hill (which was near vertical, I was scrambling up small cliffs a good portion of the way.) then finally about 3/4 mile back to the truck. Each hill was in the 600-800 vert feet range, the whole workout was about 1 hour 20 minutes.

Its good to be a field biologist.

Greenhorn, If you quit having those Swinging GAy partys to work off the fat maybe you'd gain a pound ?

Friday I should be at 211 and 100% on track. Will update then.

I'm at 212, 1 pound behind schedule. Bike riding , rowing and Running going well though........

Weekend was rough....camping with partiers, lots of beer, one gal was into dutch ovening pastries......haven't weighed yet, but suspect the worst....did get quite a bit of exercize though!

Well, I'm still hovering at 159/160! Don't know why really. I've been sticking to my diet religiously. Maybe I'm adding muscle instead of dropping off the pounds. My clothes fit a lot looser and I feel a lot better and it's pissing my wife off! She misses the man boobs! Either way, I'll be ready for hunting season come hell or high water! I wish the freakin AZ draw results would show up! I'm losing sleep over it!! I want to register for the next semester, but if I get drawn for the whole ball of wax, I might have to take a break this fall!

Good luck everyone on the weight loss and the draw!

I was at 208 over Memorial Day weekend. I'll be shooting for the 185-190 range by Labor Day, and to be able to put on my 33" waist Levis without scaring anyone.

I am at 205 now. I should be at 190 by HUnting season. July is teh month I turn up the running program. I have a 5 mileloop that I do daily..........mostly up hill. It is a GREAT fat burner! :D

Vacation to cool Colorado mountains starts thursday so it'll be..breakfast... drive, eat, drive, eat, drive, eat...lunch :) ....etc.

Seriously, strenuous activity outdoors here in N. Texas melts it off in the summertime.

Have fun

Ken, have fun on vacation!

Forgot to tell you guys, taking a little extra Vitamin C helps take the pounds off.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back