1st time

SD-Esox

My daughters (10 yrs old) first time shooting her new 243. We started at 50 yards and ended the night with these 3 shots at 100 yards. She hit the black every shot she took. A bit more practice and she’ll be ready for season this fall.

Attachments

• C999112F-48C4-4552-BEFF-5E679716280E.png
    C999112F-48C4-4552-BEFF-5E679716280E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
That’s awesome. Tell her practice makes perfect. It’s awesome to read post about adults and parents getting their kids all geared up for hunting season.

Nice shootin! She’s a better shot than I am.

Awesome gotta get them shooting when they are young and get them feeling comfortable holding a firearm. Great memories!

Nice shooting there young lady! Was she able to take a few shots from various hunting positions? Prone or seated on the ground while using a backpack as a rest or shooting sticks would be the next step in her training. Good luck to the both of you this hunting season.

Nice shooting there young lady! Was she able to take a few shots from various hunting positions? Prone or seated on the ground while using a backpack as a rest or shooting sticks would be the next step in her training. Good luck to the both of you this hunting season.
She was sitting using sticks. In SD the youth mentor hunting season is from sept 15 to dec 31 so you can take kids out in the woods / field when regular season has not yet opened and after it has closed. The adult with them has to be unarmed. I think it is a great youth program.

Good job dad and daughter! My son and wife liked shooting clays in holders or just stuck in a bush. It's reactive and they know right away that they hit it, and it's smaller than the vitals on anything so if they can consistently break clays at whatever yardage, you know they're doing pretty good.

Good job dad and daughter! My son and wife liked shooting clays in holders or just stuck in a bush. It's reactive and they know right away that they hit it, and it's smaller than the vitals on anything so if they can consistently break clays at whatever yardage, you know they're doing pretty good.
Have you heard of thunder caps? My kids love them screw onto water bottle then you can pressurize the bottle with an air pump.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back