Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

12 years and one long night

Brushbuster444

Saturday was the opener of our WA muzzleloader elk season. hunted hard all day and decided to sit in a little rock pile for the night. two spike bulls walked right in front of me. made what i thought was a great shot and the bull laid down but i quickly found out he was not hit nearly as well as i had hoped. the after a serious barrel malfunction i shot and hit him again, but to no avail. he ran down country and i lost the light. it was a long night making a plan for the morning and just flat worrying. but come first light i found him piled up not 50 yds from where i last saw him. thus ended a 12 year dry spell of elk hunting. a little more exciting that i imagined my first elk being, but if it was easy everyone would do it.

Happy for you. That releif you felt is a powerful emotion.

happy to hear your off the schnide :cool: and never gave up ! a 12 year quest is quite the journey, i was lucky and got to hunt with some guys that know there shizzit out here in the oregon coast range i got my first elk , a spike on my 7th day of elk hunting ever, if it wasnt for the guys that have been showing me the ropes i would have never filled that tag

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back