'12 MT Bull

Great bull! I know exactly what you are sayin' about having couple great friends helping guide you in the right direction. Good luck on the remainder of your season.

Awesome hunt! The only problem I had with your writeup is where you say it wasnt entirely DIY. Sounds to me like it surely was! DIY hunters do research and get help from a multitude of sources and in my opinion your hunt sure sounded like it was DIY. Dont sell yourself short!

It is an awesome feeling when they are mere steps away, bugling and blowing snot all over. sticks with you forever. Great job, that's is definitely DIY.

I shared a similar experience last year - I was hunting with a guide in New Mexico when on Day 4 he became to sick to continue. He put me in the area but the rest was up to me. I shot a bull and it was the greatest experience I could imagine. The vocalizations and sights are forever burned into my memory.

Congrats on a fantastic hunt.

I second the slick trick 100's. Served me wonderfully!!

Thanks to you all, very much. It really was incredible. A few of you talked about the pack out. I most definitely had a few choice words, a few 'what the heck am I doing', and even a "I can't take another step", but it all worked out in the end.

I got a TON of info from this site, from you guys, which is invaluable to a relatively newbie. I thoroughly enjoy reading all of the threads. And I greatly appreciate all of the positive comments from you folks. I am looking forward to a long deer and duck season now, but I've had my fun. Its everyone elses turn! Good luck!

"A huge congrats to you! And +1 on the one piece elk! Can I hunt with you next year?"

Looks like you did pretty dang good as it is! Almost all of mine have come out of the mountains the same way yours did! Again, good job!

Happy to report I just got word one of my buddies scored on saturday! He killed a bull very similar to mine at 20 yds! He was over 3 miles in by himself, and hoofed the meat up 1000' in elevation and then descended 2000' back to the truck. Luckily he got some help on his 2nd trip, but those boys aren't human, I am tellin ya!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back