$100 in gift cards at Cabelas

FutureMountains

I haven't spent much time in a Cabelas but I recently got $100 worth of gift cards. They feel kind of like the home depot of sporting goods, selling mostly their own sub-par brands. Anyone have go-to things they get there for backpack hunting? Or should I just put the $100 as a down payment on a trendy cooler? Some gear I'm hoping to upgrade this year are my tent, sleeping pad, pack, rain gear...

What riv3rbanks said. Get stuff you can use but would have to actually pay for out of pocket elsewhere. You are right in assuming that a lot of the store brand stuff is basically subpar. When I get gift cards I try to stay away from their store brands and buy other brands they sell like he mentioned Sitka or they sell the same ammo as other places.

I haven't spent much time in a Cabelas but I recently got $100 worth of gift cards. They feel kind of like the home depot of sporting goods, selling mostly their own sub-par brands. Anyone have go-to things they get there for backpack hunting? Or should I just put the $100 as a down payment on a trendy cooler? Some gear I'm hoping to upgrade this year are my tent, sleeping pad, pack, rain gear...
I have always found the Cabelas brand goods to be quality for the most part, and they backed them with and outstanding warranty. I have found and almost instant regression since Bass Pro took over. They are phasing out the Cabelas products in favor of their Bass pro line, RedHead, and no longer honor the lifetime warranty. Its sad.

I haven't been in one for a couple years now but last time I had a gift card to burn, i bought reloading stuff. Mountain house and fuel canisters and a cruise through the bargain cave wouldn't hurt.

And you prove just how long it has been, as with the merger with Bass Pro Shops, the old bargain cave is no more. Insert sad emoji face here!

I was just in the Anchorage bargain cave this past weekend. Even bought something!

I've had great experience with Cabelas brand gear (waders, rain jacket, duck hunting jacket, backpack), but I am not confident in the Bass Pro Shop brand stuff. Very sad. Are you a fisherman? You could get a really nice rod for almost nothing with that giftcard. Otherwise, for me, putting it towards quality merino wool baselayers would be nice. Headlamp/flashlights, arrows, optics, knife, or boots. Something that I would use for years.

I usually save it up until I need some new reloading toys or want to get a new rifle scope. It helps to tell my wife I found a good deal on it. $100 off sounds good to me.

I have always found the Cabelas brand goods to be quality for the most part, and they backed them with and outstanding warranty. I have found and almost instant regression since Bass Pro took over. They are phasing out the Cabelas products in favor of their Bass pro line, RedHead, and no longer honor the lifetime warranty. Its sad.
I got burnt on this just this winter. I didn’t have the receipt so they wouldn’t swap it out. The did give me some store credit but only about have of the items value. They had the same pair of bibs and would exchange them because the ones that ripped were the older version. Kind of a bummer. Really disappointed with the lack of hunting gear in that place since bass pro took over

I was kinda in your shoes a few months back. I had a gift card to Cabelas and nothing I really felt I had to buy there. So I spent the $100 on the bulk of my WI resident hunting and fishing licenses for the year. You need to have a Cabelas near you to make it work though. From now on that’s going to be my go to for Cabelas gift cards.

Hang onto it until they run their 10 or 15 percent off sale, then double up with actuve junky cash back and buy whatever you need. Cabelas has been nothing but a disappointment in my book since bass pro.

Back