100 bucks or less sunglasses

Uvex, amazon sells for as cheap as $7.5-10 pair, they last long time and are pretty scratch resistant. I have pairs everywhere cause of price, dont buy the "polorized" i like the blue or gray lenses best. Wear yellow in morning or when riding atvs. They were issued safety glasses at place i worked and never bought expensive again after trying.

Last edited:
Leupold was having a sale and can't remember what the "Randy" promo code would knock off. I just got a pair yesterday in the mail. I paid 129.99 but they were the ones with interchangeable lenses.

I own Maui Jim, Costa, Smith, Oakley and Edge sunglasses.

I wear the Edge glasses 95% of the time. Especially for daily wear. Polarized. No distortion. ANSI rated for work. Inexpensive/disposable. Honestly, I’d take ten pairs of these before buying another set of the others.

For a dedicated pair of sight casting glasses for hunting the flats for the glamour species with a fly rod, I’d choose one of the first four pair. They are ‘better’.

That said, the Edge glasses are better.

Another vote for edge. I have the edge kazbec amber polarized. They run $50. Other lense options are cheaper. I wear them all the time, z87 rated and comfortable. They do a great job of keeping sawdust out for me and don’t hurt under the ear muffs. I have a not work pair, work pair, spare. As they get in worse condition they work their way down the list. Working in the trees everyday they last me about a year. But I am extremely hard on gear. I blow out 2 pair of mountaineering boots a year.

I'm a fan of Oakley's for many reasons. 1)Made in the USA, 2)they have a few models designed for dudes with small faces like me and 3) they are impact rated so I'm good to go at work or shooting with them. The non polarized usually are under $100 and you can sometimes get polarized at that price with a good sale.

The quality are excellent and they hold up well. I had a pair for over 10 years and still in decent shape after wearing them almost every day. My wife got me the same model but polarized last year for my birthday. They accidentally went through the washer AND dryer on high without me noticing not long after I got them. Not a single scratch on the frames or lenses. I think it was pure luck but the fact that they didn't get beat up makes me that much more of a fan.

For me, but maybe not for you, nor anyone else, the most clearly I have been able to see was with polarized Blue blockers. Those are my eyes, not yours. Cost about $20-$ 50.

Don't buy Goodr. They look great and have nice frames, but holy hell, they were the first sunglasses I found where I realized there is a science in lense coating and tint. If I'm in the direct sun they're great, but head into a patch of shade for a sec and someone just turned the lights out. It's to the point where I simple can't wear them while driving, running, or mt biking; beach only.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back