That'll do

I don’t know that genetics in the Bridgers are as big of an issue as private land when it comes to the diminishing quality found there...there are some monsters that grow up and spend their whole lives without going onto the public.

Lawnboy I was joking. He already chose to eat 3 out of 4 tags. I give him tons respect for that. And this yr he took a management buck.

Fin- thanks for posting your story, and congrats on a successful hunt! Hopefully that eased your pain a little...... even for the moment.
Whiskeydog- all I can say is WOW...... great buck and I would luv to have that deer on my wall!

Not every buck is going to be a trophy in others eyes. I drew a coveted 270 mule deer tag last year, had even passed up a buck that was shot by a guy that bought the Governors mule deer tag. This was what I got as the Rut was winding down.

PB100815.JPG

Congrats on a very worthy buck.

Ha. It’s clearly OLD. And it’s a scab 3. Probably has never been a 4. MT FWP should offer a bounty on them.

not a bad idea, Maybe give a partial refund on your licence fee. To make up for the lost revenue FWP could charge a premium for a buck like Shoots.

Good hunt in your own backyard. You'll never look at the Bridgers quite the same way again.
I hope you're feeling better soon, amigo.

Great buck. No matter the "tag" as long as you had a good time, thats all that matters. Good time can mean a lot of things to people.

All the bucks in this thread look great to me. No matter how I turn my head, it's tough for me to see any old mule deer buck as anything but a trophy.

Great story. Sounded like a fun hunt with a good hunting partner—liver issues aside. Does your liver get worse during hunting season with all the weird hours and traveling and physical activity, or does it flare up year round?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back