Caribou Gear

Your Favorite Rifle

Hard to pick one, but if I had to, it would be my Rem 700 SPS in 308. I have always enjoyed shooting this gun, but really like it now. This past year, I've swapped out the stock, threaded the barrel, and added a Trigger Tech.
PRprTsb.jpg

Here is 3, 3 shot groups at 100 from the last trip to the range. Each group is a different bullet. Horndy Match, SMK, and SGK .
O57TYOV.jpg

Its really hard to pick one. I have to pick four for very different reasons. I would let everything in my safe go if a had to just to keep these.

1) Model 60 .22LR I received for my 10th birthday. Exactly 40 years ago.
2) 1970 Winchester Model 93 30-30. Watched my dad use this every year to deer hunt. After I left home my dads house caught fire. After he died and I cleaned up the place I found the 93 hidden under a table. It had water damage and severe rust, but wood was good. I took it to a gun smith and 2 years later I got it back. 90% of the rust gone. Refinished the wood and cerakoted. All original parts were good. I survived the fire but not the water from the fire dept. Its good to shoot. I plan to take it on a deer hunt one more time with open sights just like pop.
3) Remington .300WM. First rifle I ever bought. Killed my first elk (and many more) and first mule deer.
4) Nosler M48 Custom in .30 Nosler. Its important because I always wanted a custom rifle ( semi, i know) and when I could afford it I made it happen. Killed an elk last year with it. You can see how it shoots.

Attachments

• IMG_9626.jpg
    IMG_9626.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9627.jpg
    IMG_9627.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9625.jpg
    IMG_9625.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9624.jpg
    IMG_9624.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7827.JPG
    IMG_7827.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Hard to pick one, but if I had to, it would be my Rem 700 SPS in 308. I have always enjoyed shooting this gun, but really like it now. This past year, I've swapped out the stock, threaded the barrel, and added a Trigger Tech.
PRprTsb.jpg

Here is 3, 3 shot groups at 100 from the last trip to the range. Each group is a different bullet. Horndy Match, SMK, and SGK .
O57TYOV.jpg
Love the lighting effect on the gun nice touch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back