Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Your favorite 06 load for elk?

Anyone messed with RL26 to see how it does?

I get 2900+ velocities with no pressure signs out of my 22" M77 with RL-26 and 180 Speer Boat Tails. YMMV. I've worked these up myself and would not publish my loads. But, yes, RL-26 works great in 30-06.

I get 2900+ velocities with no pressure signs out of my 22" M77 with RL-26 and 180 Speer Boat Tails. YMMV. I've worked these up myself and would not publish my loads. But, yes, RL-26 works great in 30-06.

I am looking forward to getting my Sherman and working up a load for the 180’s. 2900+ is promising seeing I will have a longer barrel and about 7 grains more capacity. I’m hoping to get 3000+.

Hello everyone, this is my first post. What's your load? I dont have a load yet. I do got some 180 grain partitions and accubonds. And some reloader 22 and a few other powders. And what primers do you use?
180 gr. Bearclaws by Federal have stretched out all of my elk since I began using them....

Be running a 180 grain nosler ballistic tip on top of h4350 this year.
I've used the Core-Lokt, the Sierra Pro hunter, Sierra Game King, Hornady Interlock, Ballistic Tip, Partition and Berger Classic Hunter. The aforementioned Bearclaws were my Fathers. He didn't handload. mtmuley

I've used the Core-Lokt, the Sierra Pro hunter, Sierra Game King, Hornady Interlock, Ballistic Tip, Partition and Berger Classic Hunter. The aforementioned Bearclaws were my Fathers. He didn't handload. mtmuley
The great thing about 30-06 velocities is they are easy on bullets

I have not used the 30-06 that much in recent past, my last one ( a 24" CDL) liked a case full of R22 and the 200PT for almost 2700, but it shot like a varmint rifle! ha I loaned it to a friend who used it on a big hog, head shot. Now, at 25yds, the bullet made a 3/4 inch hole (all the way through, of course!) but it didn't blow up! thats alot of speed/heavy bone/hide. so thats a good one. ( I shot the hog next to it, at head/neck junction with a 75gr Swift Scirocco going 3700fps from a .224 TTH, fragmented, but broke the spine & killed the hog. just as a comparison, ha) Another great '06 bullet is the 165/168 Barnes or "any 165 that can hold together". I've seen them do the same with heavy bone/muscle. I remember ( and sorely miss) the old Federal HE 30-06 loads with the 180 PT and TB. The 23" Douglas/06 clocked 2970fps with the 180PT! I gave that rifle and 5 boxes of that ammo to a Missionary friend in South Africa. He shot Plains Game, including Blue wildebeest and Cape Eland with that stuff!

I had similar results with my 30-06 Savage 116, but pressure spiked quickly when temperatures increased just a little. I quit using it after that and went back to I4350 at 100fps less

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back