Young wolf killed in UT

I guess Don Peay needs to step up his game.

Does this mean the Utah Legislature will ask Ryan Benson of Big Game For Us to refund all their money, given he promised (and took credit for), the fact that no wolves were in Utah?

Does this mean the Utah Legislature will ask Ryan Benson of Big Game For Us to refund all their money, given he promised (and took credit for), the fact that no wolves were in Utah?

I certainly would, breach of contract dontcha think :)

Yea right...... I bet he uses this as a reason to rally for more wolf control millions.

They will probably be in all of the western states within the next 10 years. Heck, maybe they're already in them.

This is why the left wing nuts want to and will keep the wolf listed on the ESA that needs re-written.

Where ever there might be an island population of wolves be it 1 or a hundred they will try to keep them listed as endangered and on the verge of going exstinct.

i think we're at a tipping point for wolf management with the relisting in the Great Lakes.

The right judge can change everything.

They will probably be in all of the western states within the next 10 years. Heck, maybe they're already in them.
Crap a wolf in southern utah. I'm glad NV took the time to designate wolves as a game animal back in 2008. Our deer and elk populations could never take it.
:W:

States I consider being in the west:

Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado.

Nevada and Colorado are the only states I am aware of that have not documented proof of a wolf sighting. I wouldn't be surprised if a wolf has already ventured into the Jarbridge of Nevada or NW Colorado.

Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado.

Nevada and Colorado are the only states I am aware of that have not documented proof of a wolf sighting. I wouldn't be surprised if a wolf has already ventured into the Jarbridge of Nevada or NW Colorado.

They tracked a collared wolf by telemetry all over Co a couple years ago that came down from way up by Yellowstone.

If I recall correctly, CO DPW had video footage on their website of a critter that looked very woofy. I think it was from the north central part of the state. This was a few years ago.

In regards to NM and AZ, are you talking about the native desert wolf or whatever the heck that thing is? Or have they documented grays that have drifted down from the North? My statement was in regards to the grays. I know there is already a wolf down in the SW, but it doesn't seem to have the same impact as the ones established in WY, MT, and ID right now.

They are in the owyhees so I wouldn't be surprised if one had ventured into the jarbidge by now.

One of the cowboys out there has told me that. I have no reason not to believe him, but I have yet to see any sign. Have you?

In regards to NM and AZ, are you talking about the native desert wolf or whatever the heck that thing is? Or have they documented grays that have drifted down from the North? My statement was in regards to the grays. I know there is already a wolf down in the SW, but it doesn't seem to have the same impact as the ones established in WY, MT, and ID right now.

To me wolf is a wolf. Red, gray, black, white, mexican, canadian, timber, etc. I don't buy that their are different types of North American wolves. There may come a time when those wolves currently in the East, SW and Rockies work their way towards each other and occupy the same habitat. When that happens they will still just be a wolf. Not three different types of subspecies.

Last edited:
Few years back when I was Elk hunting in CO around the Brekenridge area I saw a pair of dogs that were large. Around 400 yards off and they were much to large to be coyotes to me. Didnt have the darker grey color as most wolves would have, so I cant confirm yes or no.

I know the coyotes I shot in Texas are much smaller then the ones I shoot in eastern MT. So many they were just big coyotes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back