You know you're spoiled when...

Bambistew

You look at a dozen bucks, 2 are old, crusty, heavy and knarly, but you decide you have another 8 days to hunt and I've yet to lay eyes on a floppy eared deer.

Does it get any better than deer hunting in Montana?

I did the same thing today!! Hunting the rut in MT is great. The deer numbers are down but if you work for it they are out there!!

I never do that. I only get one chance to go deer hunting, about 500 miles one way. So I'm not inclined to
come home with no delicious venison. It's true I don't really care about big antlers.

Better check your maps and GPS, you surely aren't in MT if you're seeing mature deer.

I'm champing at the bit to get back out this weekend. Hopefully a big mountain whitetail is enjoying his last night on the hill.

Got a 13yo lined up to take out Mr knarly... hopefully this afternoon. :) Saw him again this morning along with another dozen of his friends. At least 3 "no doubter" shooters lurking in the river bottom.

Hope we can get him, I saw this buck 2 years ago and passed him up in favor of a straight 5. He's 5x5 with 4-5 extras on the base and one long bladed forked eyeguard. Sweet buck, and hope my nephew cam put him to rest. Second place would be a heavy 4pt or a nice straight 5pt. Good to have choices.

Going to chase elk and muleys in the morning. Weather couldn't be better for hunting. Hope I didn't forget how to ride a horse. haha

Looking forward to the rest of the story. Good luck!

I'm insanely jealous. After 3 days in northern MN and seeing only 2 sets of deer tracks, I was really wishing I had a Montana tag!

The big 5 made a young kid really happy. He made a great shot and put him down quick. It all happened so fast that he didn't have time to get excited. :)

20141115_133144_zps19b20933.jpg

That awesome! Great looking deer and a day that kid will never forget. Looks a little chilly

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back