Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

"You know this is why I hate hunting, right"

Chad Gus

Those words uttered, by my 14 year old step daughter, at 5 am this morning, as she crawled out of bed to get ready to go turkey hunting. Now, she really doesn't hate hunting, what she really hates is getting up before 11AM. Begrudgingly, she got dressed and headed out the door with her mother, headed to granny's house where we had set up a ground blind the day before. They reached the blind by 545 and by 6 the toms were gobbling up and down the river bottom. By 7 they had 5 toms strutting out in the field and two of them were out in front of the blind, by 715 she shot her tom. After about 15 minutes, the four other toms finally cleared the field, so they could finally retrieve her bird. That's when she noticed it has 3 beards, which is fairly rare, but this is now her second triple bearded turkey, what are the odds of that. Beards are 9/4.5 and 4.5 inches and he weighed in at 20 pounds. I guess this one is gonna get mounted too so she can display it next to her other one. 20200411_080339.jpg20200411_080202.jpg608301520.jpg20200411_080600.jpg

Awesome! My son says the same thing...but at 17 the bed wins most of the time unfortunately
..congrats

Very cool!, nice job!

We’d be doing the same if we hadn’t gotten pounded with snow and cold today!

haha!! Great story!

My wife is the worst to wake for hunting. Last spring here doubled bearded bird she was so grumpy on our drive out I thought she was going to just sleep in the truck haha!

That's awesome and congrats to her on a beautiful tom!

Last time I took my wife out hunting was for moose when she drew an extremely rare tag for our home unit. We both had taken the day off work, were going to send the kids to daycare early and go out hunting. Well the morning of, my wife was not amused with getting up early on her day off and did everything to try and convince me to stay in bed and go hunting later. Well, I finally "convinced" her, we dropped the kids at daycare and went hunting with a grumpy McGee in the passenger seat. 2 Hours later, she shot her first bull moose and thanked me for kicking her ass out of bed and trying to motivate her that morning!

CqE8zTn.jpg

Enjoy it while you can.

A wise man once told us all “you will run out of health before you run out of money”.

A lot of us will run out of kids before we run out of health!

Enjoy it while you can.

That is a great story, I'm showing this to my kids! I have to admit, I have hated getting up early a bunch of times but I have never regretted it. Way to go on carrying on the traditions!

Congrats, glad you got out into the field early. It can be a struggle at times to get 14 year olds out early. I may have been known to make them drink espresso to get them going once or twice.

Our youngest daughter would wake up, but promptly fall asleep once we got to "our" tree. A quick elbow to the ribs would let her know a deer was there. Until the one time my muzzle loader going off woke her up! Then she paid attention. :cool:

Our youngest daughter would wake up, but promptly fall asleep once we got to "our" tree. A quick elbow to the ribs would let her know a deer was there. Until the one time my muzzle loader going off woke her up! Then she paid attention. :cool:

There are very few naps that are better then naps while waiting for a gobbler.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back