Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

YNP - Setting a precedence?

Winder if it say in the law, bears specifically. Or wildlife? And the 100 yard rule? What is retreat? Standing at your car 5 yards farther away is ok?
A friend got a ticket for harassing a bison in a car. I think he reved the engine at it to make it move. The key infraction was to change the animal's behavior.

I've seen a lot of people much closer to bears than 100 yards with the ranger right there.

Parkies, Watched them ticket a guide for throwing rocks at a bear. The bear had pushed them (guide and clients) down a beach until they were belly deep in the lake. He threw rocks he gathered along the way, finally deployed spray. Cited him for harassing wildlife, for throwing rocks.

Parkies, Watched them ticket a guide for throwing rocks at a bear. The bear had pushed them (guide and clients) down a beach until they were belly deep in the lake. He threw rocks he gathered along the way, finally deployed spray. Cited him for harassing wildlife, for throwing rocks.
I dont know what to say. We use rocks, shotgun with cracker shells, flares, horns, rubber bullets, even vehicles to move bears.

If you can get cited for throwing rocks at a bear that has forced you into the river I would imagine a DOLP is a paper work nightmare for you guys ?

Something feels off.. You can't honk your horn to move an animal, but you can spray it or shock it via an electric fence around your tent ??

I dont know what to say. We use rocks, shotgun with cracker shells, flares, horns, rubber bullets, even vehicles to move bears.

If you can get cited for throwing rocks at a bear that has forced you into the river I would imagine a DOLP is a paper work nightmare for you guys ?

Something feels off.. You can't honk your horn to move an animal, but you can spray it or shock it via an electric fence around your tent ??
I would not want to be involved in a DLP in the park. So if you get cited in the park, as a guide, you have two options, pay the fine or fight it. If you fight it you are considered to be in non compliance so you loose your CUA, the permit that allows you to operate. To be fair, the officer that cited my friend for throwing rocks is no longer there.

I would not want to be involved in a DLP in the park. So if you get cited in the park, as a guide, you have two options, pay the fine or fight it. If you fight it you are considered to be in non compliance so you loose your CUA, the permit that allows you to operate. To be fair, the officer that cited my friend for throwing rocks is no longer there.
thank you. As always, appreciate the explanation.

I also wanted to tell you congratulations on another good season.

I'm all for the fines. I visited the Wichita Mountains NWR today with the wife and the morons were out in full force. I saw three different groups approach to well within 10 yards of a bison, the last of which elicited a charge right as I was trying to switch from photo mode to video.

I've got a video of another bro that walked right up to this bull within five yards. People are idiots.

Attachments

• 20210814_160253.jpg
    20210814_160253.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Worst part of it to me was the attitude of these morons after the guy on the left got charged. Knee slapping and high fiving all around like they just won the idiot olympics. This guy doesn't know how lucky he was. If that bull wanted to connect he sure as hell would've.

It’s reverse Darwinism! We, as a culture, have decided it’s not nice to call people stupid. We have decided we need to make it our responsibility to protect and nurture these individuals so they can survive and procreate. We’ve been doing it for generations, most of the modern industrial revolution.
In the old days folks like that didn’t survive, now they can’t help but to survive. We’ve thrown survival of the fittest to the wind as evidenced above.

On one hand, the punishment seems extreme. On the other, every day I am more and more an advocate for using dull knives to saw the heads off of people who litter at my local swimming hole, and putting their heads on pikes.

To each their own

We were in canyonlands on a trail only accessible by a fairly built 4x4. Doing like 5 mph. Get stopped by a Ranger. Still not sure why there was a Ranger. Needless to say we were enjoying an adult beverage and received a ticket for 185 bucks. I guess you can't have open containers in the national parks. Thought I'd try to save others 200 bucks.

I can see the need for a large fine & jail sentence. It's about deterring people from doing the stupid. Yes, some will always take it as a challenge, but others will say "it ain't worth getting the park popo on me and costing me my Boone's Farm budget for 2021."

Bears hurt & kill stupid people. Stupid people need deterrents. This is a fine for being stupid.
Can you really deter stupid people

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back