Yeti & NRA

cmeyer733

Pretty surprising to hear Yeti cutting ties with NRA. By looking at their social media pages, they are going to take a pretty big hit on sales. Curious to know others' thoughts and how their supporters within the industry will react.??

Not surprised at all. Lots of hunters are cutting ties with the NRA. Yeti will be fine.

Couldn't afford them before, can't afford them now, and don't think it will effect them much. That said, I view someone not doing business with the NRA as a plus. Not because I don't feel strongly about the 2nd, but because I view hyperbolic divisive fear mongering in a negative light.

Couldn't afford them before, can't afford them now, and don't think it will effect them much. That said, I view someone not doing business with the NRA as a plus. Not because I don't feel strongly about the 2nd, but because I view hyperbolic divisive fear mongering in a negative light.

This. Took the words right off my fingertips!

Just out of curiosity, who do you anticipate guarding the Second Amendment once the NRA is drummed out of existence?

Did they actually ever fund the NRA with money, or just a discount for the organization and not the members themselves? I heard they cut the entire program for that type of stuff and it was not just the NRA that was affected. I am curious how it plays out and who the first person to get their 15 minutes of fame/shame to use theirs as a Target on social media.

Does not affect me, I can't afford them anyway...

It is YETI's business....just as vendors with whom I transact is mine. No bullhorn, chips fall where they may...

I have never owned a yeti cooler and never will. They are overpriced and you can get the same quality for far less. The one yeti product that we have in our house is a tumbler that my wife's work gave her. My $7 ozark trail tumbler from Walmart is just as good as the $30 yeti tumbler. So what does that say about yeti and their pricing?

Pretty surprising to hear Yeti cutting ties with NRA. By looking at their social media pages, they are going to take a pretty big hit on sales. Curious to know others' thoughts and how their supporters within the industry will react.??

I doubt they'll take a hit on sales here's why; it reminds of everybody when nfl players started kneeling during the anthem. So many people said they wouldn't watch etc. But there they were every Sunday glued to the tv but on Monday morning at work were puffing their chest about how they didn't watch the nfl. Just my opinion I think guys will continue to buy their products and that's fine I truly could careless I buy stuff from companies who haven't professed a sponsorship for the nra and will continue to do so.

I agree its Yetis business. If you are against them cutting ties then do not buy their products. I don't have a social media page, never have never will. While I don't agree with some of the hype of the NRA, there is no other voice as strong, that has the ability to move politics and protect our gun rights. I buy several Yeti,s every year as door prizes for raffles, I will no longer. But I don't bash companies publicly. I use my few dollars. Everyone has to decide for themselves whats important. In my opinion we need the NRA.

I’m willing to accept coolers from all angry Yeti owners who want the get rid of their Yeti coolers.

I doubt they'll take a hit on sales here's why; it reminds of everybody when nfl players started kneeling during the anthem. So many people said they wouldn't watch etc. But there they were every Sunday glued to the tv but on Monday morning at work were puffing their chest about how they didn't watch the nfl. Just my opinion I think guys will continue to buy their products and that's fine I truly could careless I buy stuff from companies who haven't professed a sponsorship for the nra and will continue to do so.

Not to hijack this thread, but the NFL's ratings were way down. I have no idea if it was all because of the protests, but they had to play a role.

Just out of curiosity, who do you anticipate guarding the Second Amendment once the NRA is drummed out of existence?

1.) National Shooting Sports Foundation (generally more thoughtful and less bombastic than the NRA).

2.) Gun Owners of America (The frothing at the mouth rabid people who are still convinced Jade Helm 16 is going to happen)

3.) Thousands of Rod & Gun Clubs across the nation that all support the 2nd Amendment, yet don't demonize their fellow Americans.

4.) 99.9% of the people on this site.

5.) The many members of congress, regardless of political affiliation, who support all of our constitutional amendments.

6.) The roughly 65 million Americans who own guns, but aren't members of the NRA (NRA membership is only at 5 million)

7.) Countless state-based gun owner groups who work to support the 2nd amendment (even if they are just as nutso as the NRA or GOA)

1.) National Shooting Sports Foundation (generally more thoughtful and less bombastic than the NRA).

2.) Gun Owners of America (The frothing at the mouth rabid people who are still convinced Jade Helm 16 is going to happen)

3.) Thousands of Rod & Gun Clubs across the nation that all support the 2nd Amendment, yet don't demonize their fellow Americans.

5.) The many members of congress, regardless of political affiliation, who support all of our constitutional amendments.

6.) The roughly 65 million Americans who own guns, but aren't members of the NRA (NRA membership is only at 5 million)

7.) Countless state-based gun owner groups who work to support the 2nd amendment (even if they are just as nutso as the NRA or GOA)

The NRA ain't goin' out of business...they're gonna make omelette's just like the anti's.

I did turn off the NFL. The rest is a bit of a conundrum, I think. I let my NRA membership lapse due to their incessant and endless calls demanding money for the latest hysterics. On the other hand I still support them via not supporting companies who have dropped
them or their discounts for them. As when I travel. hertz, Enterprise etc. I also don't stay at hotels who have professed anti gun policy. I dropped my REI membership.
So will they feel any financial loss from just me not supporting them? I doubt it. But whether you like/agree with their tactics of not, without the NRA , we would probably be using only wheel guns, bolt actions and double barrels.
For some folks here, I'm sure that would be just fine, until those get targeted.

I would argue, my progressive revolutionary, that the aggregate of that list doesn't add up to 1/2 half of the affect of the NRA's influence

I would argue, my progressive revolutionary, that the aggregate of that list doesn't add up to 1/2 half of the affect of the NRA's influence

I would argue that the NRA's "influence" is mostly a figment of the liberal half of the media.

And I'm an NRA member.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back