PEAX Equipment

Yet Another Vortex Going in for Warranty

Well I hope this is a blessing & not a curse
but a guy saw me post a question on vortex and he is sending me a crossfire and a set of rings for my Remington 788 for me to test :)
hope is eternal

How come every rancher/farmer/coyote hunter I know has a 200 dollar Nikon / burris / vortex / tasco / on his rifle from 2005 that still holds zero ? Often time uncased beating around the pickup for 3 months . I often wonder if we dont over analyze this ...
So how much analysis is the right amount? If you test stuff and it doesn't work, seems reasonable to go a different route.
Edited to add: I'm sure there are plenty of things hunters and shooters over analyze at times, but I feel that being mildly obsessed with repeatability is a good thing.

So how much analysis is the right amount? If you test stuff and it doesn't work, seems reasonable to go a different route.
Im not sure , but it seems like you could analyze yourself into damn near bankruptcy if you hang around these forums enough. 2200 swaro binos and 1800 NF Scopes. I havent read half the hoopla posted but is there any scopes around 4-500 that honestly work as advertised ??

Im not sure , but it seems like you could analyze yourself into damn near bankruptcy if you hang around these forums enough. 2200 swaro binos and 1800 NF Scopes. I havent read half the hoopla posted but is there any scopes around 4-500 that honestly work as advertised ??
Don, is that you?

SWFA, I've had a bunch and they've all held zero and tracked:
--SWFA fixed 6x and 10x, $300, $250 on black friday
--SWFA 3-9x42 HD, $599, $450 on black friday

Used LRTS and first gen LRHS were @ $600 last year.

It's not that no other scopes track, just a matter of failure rate probability, same for all manufactured items.

SWFA, I've had a bunch and they've all held zero and tracked:
--SWFA fixed 6x and 10x, $300, $250 on black friday
--SWFA 3-9x42 HD, $599, $450 on black friday

Used LRTS and first gen LRHS were @ $600 last year.

It's not that no other scopes track, just a matter of failure rate probability, same for all manufactured items.

I like the looks of SWFAs but I wish they had turret locks. I missed a critter one time from a turret that didnt lock and got bumped and Ill never do it again .

I like the looks of SWFAs but I wish they had turret locks. I missed a critter one time from a turret that didnt lock and got bumped and Ill never do it again .
I can appreciate that concern. It's a bell/whistle unneeded if you don't plan to spin. My kids rifle has a fixed 10 swfa on it, I electrical tape the windage turret and at times the elevation too depending on which one is using it.

I can appreciate that concern. It's a bell/whistle unneeded if you don't plan to spin. My kids rifle has a fixed 10 swfa on it, I electrical tape the windage turret and at times the elevation too depending on which one is using it.
The scope I missed with has the old electrical tape turret lock on it now too lol.

We have a .22-250 that bounces around in the feed truck with the same scope and the same electrical tape. I can’t imagine how many coyotes have died because of that rifle… been there since the 80’s, and it’s on it’s 3rd barrel.

Haha what brand scope ?! Send it to rokslide and test it . :ROFLMAO:
Oh by no means the original scope. I know of at least 5 that have failed to survive. Pretty sure the original made it a couple years then grandpa ran it over. He did that a lot.

The current one is a SWFA 10x with electrical tape locked turrets.

Oh by no means the original scope. I know of at least 5 that have failed to survive. Pretty sure the original made it a couple years then grandpa ran it over. He did that a lot.

The current one is a SWFA 10x with electrical tape locked turrets.
Lmao . That’s some classic rancher shit there . When we used to coyote hunt around here we’d reach over and crank your buddies scope to full power when they weren’t looking so when it was time to get some shooting in he was at 12 power and you were at 3 lol . Always could get the first shot that way .

How come every rancher/farmer/coyote hunter I know has a 200 dollar Nikon / burris / vortex / tasco / on his rifle from 2005 that still holds zero ? Often time uncased beating around the pickup for 3 months . I often wonder if we dont over analyze this ...
Because most ranchers I know that gun was either sighted in on a pop or beer box at less than 100 yards off the hood of the pickup or off the door. Hits the box we are good to go.

You can buy shim kits for them. I have them on 3 swfas and they work great. They usually don't align perfectly but usually not more than .3 mils past 0. Tim kulin is the guys name, he sells them on eBay.

I've never taped the windage dial on my 3-9 hds and I've been dragging them around for 3 years now and they've never moved.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back