Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Yet another dead bull...

BuzzH

First off, congrats to all that have killed elk so far this year.

I was fortunate enough to take a bull Friday after a suicide run after work. I worked a full day on Thursday out of Butte Montana and decided I better get at least one weekend of rifle elk hunting. I drove all night and got into my spot in time for a little nap. I slept a couple hours in the truck and about 5:30 I got my stuff together. Right at daylight after hiking for an hour or so, I jumped a bull but couldnt get a shot. A while later, I spied this bull at 70 yards and promptly slapped him behind his shoulders with my 338. A 25 yard run and I heard him crash.

If we have an ugly raghorn bull contest this year, I'd like to enter!
wybull03.JPG

wybull203.JPG

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-18-2003 20:44: Message edited by: BuzzH ]</font>

Congrats Buzz, did you get him out with your ATV
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
J/K buzz, hey at least it is a bull and alot of meat for your freezer congrats again

Happy Hunting

Way to go Buzz, any elk is good elk.
Hey, I know a truck driver in southern Wyoming that would love some elk steaks. I don't think he's ever tasted them before.

Congrats, Buzz. That bull would make an interesting European mount with that screwed up antler.

Oak

Nice work Buzz. If you are sick of elk meat, I have a couple of deer I would be willing to trade.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Looks like you are in the same boat we are up here, nice and warm. Not exactly great hunting weather, but looks like you got past it.

Congrats on a nice bull and I hope your success continues this fall.

All right!! now they are starting to drop. Its been a fairly slow season so far compared to last year.

1-Ptr...

See, my Work is done here.... Buzz is now smiling in the pictures he takes....

Let this be a lesson to all, remember to smile in the pictures....
smile.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back