Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Yet another adult-onset hunter... hello from NW Oregon!

Decided to take up hunting on my 38th birthday and couldn't be more excited about it. I've been pretty outdoorsy my whole life (lots of camping, hiking, and fishing), but only recently decided to get into hunting. My grandfather was pretty high up in Oregon Fish & Wildlife and was a hunter, but for whatever reason my parents weren't into it and I never got too much exposure. Fast-forward to now and the driving force was wanting to spend more time in the outdoors and sourcing my own food outside our mainstream food system. My very first hunt was this past Spring Bear season in Oregon when I drew my first tag. 14 days hunted, 4 bears spotted, no shots/harvest... but I'm definitely hooked! Already scouting for fall bear and have 1 deer and 2 elk tags for this fall. If anyone is NW Oregon needs a hunting buddy let me know. I can at least take great pictures of the hunt and help you pack meat ;-)

Decided to take up hunting on my 38th birthday and couldn't be more excited about it. I've been pretty outdoorsy my whole life (lots of camping, hiking, and fishing), but only recently decided to get into hunting. My grandfather was pretty high up in Oregon Fish & Wildlife and was a hunter, but for whatever reason my parents weren't into it and I never got too much exposure. Fast-forward to now and the driving force was wanting to spend more time in the outdoors and sourcing my own food outside our mainstream food system. My very first hunt was this past Spring Bear season in Oregon when I drew my first tag. 14 days hunted, 4 bears spotted, no shots/harvest... but I'm definitely hooked! Already scouting for fall bear and have 1 deer and 2 elk tags for this fall. If anyone is NW Oregon needs a hunting buddy let me know. I can at least take great pictures of the hunt and help you pack meat ;-)
Never too late to start! Glad you've found the community!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back