Caribou Gear

Yellowstone

Lots of pilgrims moving in. Especially the eastern immigrants.
SOBs will ruin the place.

Lots of pilgrims moving in. Especially the eastern immigrants.
SOBs will ruin the place.
I was getting my drivers license renewed recently in Stevensville, and there was a map with pins marking where people were relocating from since 2018. California was easily number one. Washington second, Oregon third, and Texas appeared to be fourth.

The are building a massive wind farm on the ranch for production next year

I’m just not so patiently waiting for the new release date. It’s the one show my wife and I both enjoy watching together.

Binged on it to catch up during their presidents day weekend marathon. Missed a few details due to life getting in the way of fiction. Man they really came close to losing me when they threw that llama guy under the cattle guard, but it did accurately reflect every horse lovers fantasy of acting out. Did that poor bastard ever get set free? Since 80% of who Casey meets he kills I guess he got lucky.

We watched it recently too, and while way too violent (branding unbelievable) was pretty good. 1883 is excellent. Supposed to be filmed near Livingstone, but pretty sure some scenes were filmed near Highway 200. Absolute standout young actress in 1883.

Have made it thru 6-7 episodes of 1883 so far. Good flick, but I suspect the amount of murdering and killing is way overstated.
Guessing the elements and environment would have been a lot harder on the settlers than gunfire?

I was dumping a load of fish in the lake at Camp Meriwether (Boy Scout Camp on Oregon Coast) back in October and as we pulled down in there started we seeing all sort of Paramount vehicles. Probably 30, several full semis. I spent a while trying to figure out what was up but couldn't until we watched the last episode of 1883. Amazing that all that production equipment was there for that simple scene. I think I could have filmed it just as well with my drone and an Iphone!

Really good show I thought!

Interesting to know that they filmed there. That is a great Boy Scout summer camp. We have been there more than once with our Troop. I hope that they made a little money to allow production to take place there.

Interesting to know that they filmed there. That is a great Boy Scout summer camp. We have been there more than once with our Troop. I hope that they made a little money to allow production to take place there.
Hopefully there may be more footage from there in season 2. It just doesn't make sense that they hauled all that equipment out here for what they showed in season 1.

We've been planting excess steelhead fingerlings in the lake for about 5 years and Steve who runs the camp says they are producing some nice fish for the kids to catch. We don't plant legal rainbows in there since there is no public access but honestly the excess steelhead probably make nicer fish.

This fellow is running for office on the R ticket over in Gallatin County:

876fyyE.jpeg

This fellow is running for office on the R ticket over in Gallatin County:
I'm sure the casual references to Harvard on his campaign page will really resonate with the good people of Gallatin County.

"It doesn’t take a Ph.D. from the Kennedy School of Government to see, feel and taste the toxic and troubling tide that has been washing up on every state in America over the last few years."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back