Yellowstone

I spent all last summer dealing with that stupid traffic while they filmed. Kinda turned me off. Plus I'm really tired of the Hollywood BS so I passed.

taped it. will look at it this weekend. Looks like lots of guns,horses and helicopters. modern day western, eh

I spent all last summer dealing with that stupid traffic while they filmed. Kinda turned me off. Plus I'm really tired of the Hollywood BS so I passed.

Thought maybe you'd be an extra. a little local colour, so to speak. :)

I liked it overall. I thought I cussed a lot, but those folks like to drop some F bombs lol. I love the scenery. I didn't like the part where they pulled the baby calf, then the calf got right up and sprinted off....like it was at least a few days old. I could have done without that.

I liked it ok. Kinda cool to see places I am familiar with and have actually worked on. I'll watch it again. mtmuley

Got it on the DVR. Looking forward to watching the first episode. When I was a young boy I dreamed of moving to Montana and living on a ranch. Never happened but I can still live vicariously through movies.

I can understand people being offput by the sensationalizing that takes place in ones home. Swamp people was the same for most people in Louisiana. I thought the script jump too much, but as premiers do, they have to get as much info and "wow factor" to have you come back. Interesting to see where they take it. As for as the cinematography, Costner always gets an "A" .

Just watched the first episode, as long as they are free online I'll keep watching.

Is it predictable and over sensationalized, well duh, it's hollywood...

I'd have thought Costner would have done better with the calf scene too, most city folk will probably buy it. Hope if I ever half to pull a calf it works that easy...

This subject might get more place and the thread be more entertaining if it was in the campfire.

Just watched the first episode, as long as they are free online I'll keep watching.

I'd have thought Costner would have done better with the calf scene too, most city folk will probably buy it. Hope if I ever half to pull a calf it works that easy...

This subject might get more place and the thread be more entertaining if it was in the campfire.

I've pulled several and it's never that easy and they never get up and run off like that.

I didn't really care for the show at all. I've been anticipating watching for a while. The helicopter was over the top for me. I live in a valley full of billionaire trophy ranches that could have very well been the setting for this show and we don't see ranchers flying around in helicopters.

It looked to me like they really killed that bison. I watched it a couple times in slow mo and it sure looked real.

The shot of the elk crossing the river was cool too. They come off a ranch to the east of where Costner's supposed house is and cross the Bitterroot to the ag fields around the house. After they cross the river its not far and they jump the guard rail and land in the middle of hiway 93.

Where do you go online to watch? All I've found is a place to login to Paramount w/your provider's information.

Did they use a come along? Calves pop right out with one of them.

No, he ran out with a calf puller over his shoulder, but pulled it by hand. I think what everyone was saying was so unrealistic is that the calf got up and ran off in a sprint as soon as it hit the ground. It was obviously not a newborn calf.

I didn't really care for the show at all. I've been anticipating watching for a while. The helicopter was over the top for me. I live in a valley full of billionaire trophy ranches that could have very well been the setting for this show and we don't see ranchers flying around in helicopters.

Harrison Ford flies his helicopter all around Jackson Hole. He's not really a rancher though.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back