Yellowstone in early December

You want to soak in the Boiling River outside of Gardiner too.

As mentioned, the Lamar Valley between Gardiner and Cooke is a good place to see wolves. Fly fishing that 6 wt will be just fine. You'll have plenty of fishing in the Yellowstone of the wind isn't blazing. Take a day trip to Bozeman and you can fish the Gallatin and Madison.

It honestly will be nice and quiet for you I think. There will be snowmobiling in Cooke by that time maybe.

You want to soak in the Boiling River outside of Gardiner too.

As mentioned, the Lamar Valley between Gardiner and Cooke is a good place to see wolves. Fly fishing that 6 wt will be just fine. You'll have plenty of fishing in the Yellowstone of the wind isn't blazing. Take a day trip to Bozeman and you can fish the Gallatin and Madison.

It honestly will be nice and quiet for you I think. There will be snowmobiling in Cooke by that time maybe.
The Boiling River is closed due to Covid.

If you're a MT resident its like the law to have that movie memorized.
Montana all my life; grandparents homesteaded MT. I have great memory ... 'just not very long. 'Must have missed that part with focus on fishing. Reading McClean's story as well as YOUNG MEN AND FIRE, I guess the sexy parts of that "MT law" escaped me as I focused on other stuff.

HOLY MATRIMONY totally escapes me; 'guess I'd better get outta the hills and get to the cinema more often. NOT!

Your clueless old Montana HT'er.

'Must be inside movie buffs joke.:rolleyes:
A River Runs Through it. Norman's future brother in law is telling the prostitute a story about an otter
Montana all my life; grandparents homesteaded MT. I have great memory ... 'just not very long. 'Must have missed that part with focus on fishing. Reading McClean's story as well as YOUNG MEN AND FIRE, I guess the sexy parts of that "MT law" escaped me as I focused on other stuff.

HOLY MATRIMONY totally escapes me; 'guess I'd better get outta the hills and get to the cinema more often. NOT!

Your clueless old Montana HT'er.
I'm just giving you a hard time. Saw your profile says you're in Gateway.

Holy Matrimony was a Patricia Arkette movie filmed in Great Falls. About a woman that steals some money with her ex-hutterite husband. The hide out on the colony. He dies. She has to marry his little brother(Joseph Gordon Lewitt) per tradition while she tries to find where the money is stashed. Riveting cinema as you can imagine. Lol There's a lot of MT extras in the movie.

A River Runs Through it. Norman's future brother in law is telling the prostitute a story about an otter

I'm just giving you a hard time. Saw your profile says you're in Gateway.

Holy Matrimony was a Patricia Arkette movie filmed in Great Falls. About a woman that steals some money with her ex-hutterite husband. The hide out on the colony. He dies. She has to marry his little brother(Joseph Gordon Lewitt) per tradition while she tries to find where the money is stashed. Riveting cinema as you can imagine. Lol There's a lot of MT extras in the movie.
Yep, Gatewayite. But grew up in Great Falls ... maybe some extras are also mighty, mighty GFHS Bison.

Yep, Gatewayite. But grew up in Great Falls ... maybe some extras are also mighty, mighty GFHS Bison.
I'm sure they are. At least the parts that are on screen for a millisecond. I'm sure Rustlers got better parts. Lol

I know for sure there's some Belt guys in it. Part of it was filmed in downtown Belt. There was a running back for CMR who ended up playing for the lowly griz whose mom was in the movie. I don't remember who else, though I did at one time. Look up the IMDB and you may recognize some names. You can borrow my VHS tape if you want to.

Also, none other than Spock directed it.

Spock, Spock - you mean THE Spock, this guy?

o-YODA-facebook.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back