Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Yellowstone Bison Management, ESA Listing Proposal, Native American Treaty Rights, etc.

Desk Pop

There is quite a bit to unpack from this article. Interesting developments for sure.

That’s quite the article. And you nailed it- a lot to unpack in that.

Did I read that correctly? 1,100 bison killed this past season by Native hunters?

Yes, a lot to unpack.

Not to make this about me, but reading this makes me reminisce on my evolution from ranch raised, James Watt worshiping, teenager to someone who can read this article and see the merits of the Tribal case.

I predict that soon I will be getting emails from Senator Risch and Representative Fulcher telling me how this is based on bad science and will "destroy the Ag industry" if it comes to pass. They will just have to edit the emails they are already sending me to strike out salmon and insert bison.

The American Farm Bureau will rally all the politicians they have bought and fight this hard.

I found it interesting that the BFC has actually evolved some from where they started, with more voice from the natives and seemingly more effectiveness. When I was interacting with them they were hard to take seriously because they were so far from reality, many of them denying the existence of brucellosis as a government conspiracy to oppress bison and promote cattle.

That’s quite the article. And you nailed it- a lot to unpack in that.

Did I read that correctly? 1,100 bison killed this past season by Native hunters?
I was shocked by that number as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back