Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

YAh ? Or Ney ?

Moosie

Grand poopa
So a friend went to Walmart, picked up some textured paint and did a spray on his Stock.

I need a YEY or NEY from my peop's on the color, Idea, whatever...

Not the photo quality, thats my Dumb Camera phone....

photo_090308_001.jpg

photo_090308_002.jpg

photo_090308_003.jpg

photo_090308_004.jpg

photo_090308_005.jpg

Dude, That's my Rifle! Let me know what he did to prep it and take a Photo AFTER hunting season so I can see how it stands up to being in the elements. My kind of Hunting would scratch up the ordinary Rifle....that kinda sounds familiar....... John

My brother has used that type of paint in both the tan and the green on rifle and shotgun stocks. It works pretty well, but he hasn't subjected it to real hard use yet. He is a shooter but does not really go hunting much. The texture is a good, non-slip surface.

I vote, yah, except is there a darker color? Good point, I hope it lasts. It sounds easy to repaint the way Moosie described it though.

Mark me down for looks good. Course I have a can the same color sitting on my reloading bench.

Draftstud, one thing about it, if it does chip you can fix it for $4.

Trent walked into my office and said "I want to ask you a question, I want another mans opinion on what you think." As he opened the box he said "Do you think" and as he continued opening it I answered "That my gun looks GAY ?!?!?"

It almost looked a little pink as he opened it up and I first thought of Big Stick in AK and his Pink guns. But, it was more brown and when I picked it up I really liked it.

I'm sending hi mthis link, and even though he's not posting, He'll read yer comments. Good or bad, thats what I like about y'all hump

I don't think it looks too bad honestly. Goes well with all the desert we live in around here. Ruger isn't my favorite gun maker but it's not all that bad.

Always thought Ruger's lightweight stocks looked like flattened boat paddles, but they sure are light. Good spray job... so I give it a thumbs up. My only negative comment would be I might think the color is slightly light for the cover I usually hunt in. Other than that, you guys should go into business and charge $200 a pop for your custom stock spray jobs and totally clean up.

I'm thinking my son's synthetic vanguard stock would look good with that treatment.

I've used that stuff before. I think it's Krylon Fleck Stone. It comes in all sorts of colors. I think it looks good but would worry about the durability. Did he coat it with anything or just the spray. I would guess that would flake off real easy.

Except for the 'fuzzy logic' due to the bad photos from what appears to be a phone camera... :p

It looks good... :)

I have done this before but to woodstocks, don't know how well it will adhere to the synthetic...... I have taken a latex glove dipped the fingers in black and gave it the spider web effect also, so its just not all tan.....

I have taken a latex glove dipped the fingers in black and gave it the spider web effect also....

Gato, I was going to ask about your last girlfriend but In a Email not the open forum :eek:

Trent did say that some guys use black to break up the stock. I'd like to see a picture of that. As far as worrying about the gun matching the hunting background color/camo, is that really important ? I mean, it's a gun, you stand 200 yards away and shoot from behind a tree, it's not like it's bow hunting....:confused:

I think I'd be more worred about the animal seeing my orange vest than if my camo rifle was blending in.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back