Wyoming

boutdoors

Whats up with their website and the leftover list. Looks like a lot of areas are already sold out. Their Walk-in page is out for updating plus the hunt maagement and hunter assistance pages are also being updated. Is there some sort of purge going on? If anyone has some insight into what is going on I would sure appreciate an explanation.
Thanks,
Robert

more and more people appear to be getting smarter with there 2nd and 3rd choices maybe plus more people applying may reduce the leftovers some.

The biggest reason (for the most part) is that tag NUMBERS are way down in the eastern part of the state. The unit that I hunt is the lowest in many years due to the low population. Doe tags have really been cut back. Thus the tags sell out quicker (especially on public ground).

good luck to all
the dog

boutdoors---The lists are of all the units and the ones showing sold out are where all the tags were taken in the draw and there are no leftovers for sale on 7/10 and 7/17. The other stuff happens every year when they update their list of HMAs and WIHA properties from the previous year to what will be available for the upcoming season. Don't worry, as there are no conspiracies or anything going on!

I'm not too worried I know I can find and get my antelope, but I don't recall that they did anything on the WIA list last year. . Last year the area I hunted had almost 150 leftover doe tags, this year none. I'll get my tags in a nearby area. Thanks to those that chiimed in
Robert

Last edited:
There were some huge cuts the last two years. The area I drew my antelope tag in this year had a 25% cut in tags and it isn't even in an area where there was any bad weather the last few years. The WIHA section on the G&F website that you mentioned was down for a very short time last year and was barely noticeable. Incidentally, I got my antelope license in the mail today.

they might be afjusting for a larger tahn normal winter kill in 10-11, reducing the tags for 3-? year till the numbers recover? I got 3rd choice goat tag this year, this WIA site is due to be updatesd monday?

The WIA/HMA thing in Wyoming is a great program, but I do have one major complaint. I wish they would get the WIA/HMA list out before the applications were due. So far I haven't put in for a unit that ended up not having WIA/HMA available, but I can see how that could happen.

I can see that happening also. I'm pretty new to hunting Wy. so I don't know if the WIA list changes drastically from year to year. I still have the WIA atlas from last year so I can compare and spot any major changes.
Robert

I've only ever hunted one HMA. Though it's been pretty consistent over the years I've hunted in (3), one year a big ranch in the middle was not enrolled. This made it two seperate unconnected units. Not a real big deal, but it was a hassle trying to get from one side to the next. Just a worry of mine more than anything...

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back