Wyoming Unit 55

Addicting

I am considering this unit for me and my wife this fall. If you’ve hunted there can you shoot me a PM to talk about it.

I see it is heavily checker boarded and there are a couple hunt areas in it. Just wondering about the road system and access.

Thanks Tony

I recommend a 100k BLM map of the area. Roads that are highlighted pink on private land indicate BLM has an easement and the road is open to public use. Also try to find maps of WIA 1 and the red rim Daley WHMA. Those will also show you roads that you can use.

I recommend a 100k BLM map of the area. Roads that are highlighted pink on private land indicate BLM has an easement and the road is open to public use. Also try to find maps of WIA 1 and the red rim Daley WHMA. Those will also show you roads that you can use.
Thanks

Now in all seriousness, the second post reminded me of the BLM maps where I can get most of my answers. Any thing good in Rawlins for the kids to do? I see they have a theater. Any restaurants to try?

Now in all seriousness, the second post reminded me of the BLM maps where I can get most of my answers. Any thing good in Rawlins for the kids to do? I see they have a theater. Any restaurants to try?
If the Aspen House restaurant in Rawlins is open, they have the best ribeye in all of Wyoming IMO.

Carbon county museum is worth a stop, take the kids to see human skin shoes.

Last edited:
If the Aspen House restaurant in Rawlins is open, they have the beat ribeye in all of Wyoming IMO.

Human skin shoes? That sounds creepy.

I know where I would NOT eat, Cactus Jacks. I know even good places have an off night, but that was the worst meal I've ever tried to eat. There were three of us there that night and no one finished the 'food.' It still gets mentioned often - in a bad way.

Any thing good in Rawlins for the kids to do?

Meth, maybe. Don’t know if it’s good.

Anongs and Rose’s Lariat are pretty decent for Thai and Mexican food, respectively. Otherwise Rawlins isn’t much of a tourist destination outside of hunting season.

If the Aspen House restaurant in Rawlins is open, they have the best ribeye in all of Wyoming IMO.

IIRC Cappy's right off of I-80 was decent.

Meth, maybe. Don’t know if it’s good.

Anongs and Rose’s Lariat are pretty decent for Thai and Mexican food, respectively. Otherwise Rawlins isn’t much of a tourist destination outside of hunting season.

Bummer on the meth was really looking forward to it. It helps the kids loose all the baby teeth quick. Bulk turn in cuts down on the tooth fairy’s expenses. Lol

Any recommendations on hotels? Are the cheaper ones decent? Seems there is a big difference between top and bottom dollar one using the google machine.

Bummer on the meth was really looking forward to it. It helps the kids loose all the baby teeth quick. Bulk turn in cuts down on the tooth fairy’s expenses. Lol

Any recommendations on hotels? Are the cheaper ones decent? Seems there is a big difference between top and bottom dollar one using the google machine.
Hampton inn is just fine. I stay there for work on occasion.

Stayed in Rawlins last season. We ate at Cappys one night, it was pretty good. I'd pass on the Super 8 next to Cappys, kinda sketchy. Not sure how old your kids are, but Tully Park is down the street from Cappys, they have a steam locomotive on display and a nice playground. Also a lot of trains pass thru town.

The Wyoming Frontier Prison is great place it’s just up from the Carbon County museum.

Food wise if you like Mexican just few miles east of Rawlins is the town of Sinclair, Su Casa Cafe is outstanding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back