Wyoming Unit 11 Rifle

I agree with Buzz that lots of spikes and smaller bulls come out of 11 for average score 290-310, but I have seen bulls pushing well above 320 come off of the forest and on the hoof while hunting. Not lots but they are there.
Just have expectations of a good hunt and don't worry about score.
How many in your group will know the difference between a 290 and a 300 bull, or one that score over 300?
Set your goal for a mature bull and enjoy the hunt. You will likely not have time in the timber to try and guess the score before a shot.

I agree with Buzz that lots of spikes and smaller bulls come out of 11 for average score 290-310, but I have seen bulls pushing well above 320 come off of the forest and on the hoof while hunting. Not lots but they are there.
Just have expectations of a good hunt and don't worry about score.
How many in your group will know the difference between a 290 and a 300 bull, or one that score over 300?
Set your goal for a mature bull and enjoy the hunt. You will likely not have time in the timber to try and guess the score before a shot.

To be honest, I don’t have a clue how to judge an elk on the hoof. Score is not as important to me as going after a mature bull. I agree that a mature bull is the goal, but not the entire focus of the hunt.

That sounds like a great attitude to have for the hunt.
Hope it all works out for your party !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back