Wyoming season dates

JohnCushman

Does anyone know when Wyoming will finalize it's season dates? I'm trying to plan this fall's hunts and it would be nice to know when I can schedule what around my antelope hunt up there.

Cush,

I could be wrong, but you won't know the dates until after you draw the tag. I always depend on the previous years dates being the same.

Does anyone know when Wyoming will finalize it's season dates? I'm trying to plan this fall's hunts and it would be nice to know when I can schedule what around my antelope hunt up there.

Just block out September 1st until November 1st, then fill the dates with tags.

That's how I do...

The tag numbers are always what get me. Several years ago I put in for a sure draw on a unit that had 200 tags the year before. Only to find out I didn't draw because they cut the numbers in half.

Just block out September 1st until November 1st, then fill the dates with tags.

That's how I do...

I think that's what I'm going to have to do. All I know so far is that if I do my muzzleloader deer tag in CO, I'll miss the lope opener in WY...but I'd like to know the archery and muzzleloader dates, plus the whole rifle season up there to plan out what to do in CO

The tag numbers are always what get me. Several years ago I put in for a sure draw on a unit that had 200 tags the year before. Only to find out I didn't draw because they cut the numbers in half.

I know another guy that didn't draw a 100% special draw tag. I'm banking on Hunter's Trailhead telling me I have 100% odds for my lope tag I want...lol

as far as i know,usually wyomings dates dont change alot year to year,but tag numbers often change depending on how the critters are doin.

I'm seriously disappointed in the responses so far.

Me too Bob! I thought by now that the two of us had covered both of those things pretty well. Guys, listen up!!! The Final Regulations will be posted online on the G&F website a few weeks before the draw and that has the full season dates in it along with the number of tags being issued for each unit. You can modify or withdraw from the draw by June 3 as long as you've applied by 3/15 if you see they've dropped the tag number such that you don't think you have a chance to draw or for any other reason. If you want to modify your application you have to stay with the draw you applied for. In other words, you can't change from regular to special or vice versa. If you withdraw, they will send you a refund check a few weeks after the draw is completed, except for your $14 application fee. Any more questions, just ask!!!

Thanks. I've been trying to google last year's season dates for the unit I want to get to try to get some idea, but I'm getting nowhere

***John: Just go on the G&F website and highlight Hunting at the top of the page. When everything comes up just go down a little to the right of center and highlight the Final Regulations section. Then all you have to do is scroll down and click on the seasons for whatever animal you want to look for. That's how he came up with the link just for antelope that he posted for you.

There are no muzzleloader dates in Wy. that I'm aware of.You bowhunt or rifle hunt.The season dates only change by a day or two from year to year from what I've seen in the units I hunt.Those I did get hosed on a region D tag a few years back when they dropped the entire 2nd week.Planned to hunt a few days for deer as I scouted out elk for the rifle opener

They've released the tentative opening dates already. If you go to the plan your hunt section on WY F&G website, select your area of interest on the map, they are listed for each hunt type.

I found that last year the seasons followed closely to the previous year in the units I was watching anyway. So armed with this years tentative date and last year's season you can make a educated guess at least. This is your best bet for planning, as I agree with others that have said the final seasons are released after the draw.

They've released the tentative opening dates already. If you go to the plan your hunt section on WY F&G website, select your area of interest on the map, they are listed for each hunt type.

I found that last year the seasons followed closely to the previous year in the units I was watching anyway. So armed with this years tentative date and last year's season you can make a educated guess at least. This is your best bet for planning, as I agree with others that have said the final seasons are released after the draw.[/QUOTE]

***Please read my #10 post, as what you stated in bold is incorrect. The dates are out 4-6 weeks before the draw and with enough time to modify or withdraw by June 3.

So it looks like I can still do my muzzleloader deer hunt in CO and miss the first part of the WY lope season, but still have 5 more weeks to hunt it. Weather will be a factor, ofcourse. It snowed on the lope opener in WY this year...lol

I found that last year the seasons followed closely to the previous year in the units I was watching anyway. So armed with this years tentative date and last year's season you can make a educated guess at least. This is your best bet for planning, as I agree with others that have said the final seasons are released after the draw.[/QUOTE]

***Please read my #10 post, as what you stated in bold is incorrect. The dates are out 4-6 weeks before the draw and with enough time to modify or withdraw by June 3.

Sorry, I meant to say application deadline.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back