Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming region C Deer 2014

What 'JLS' said... You'll see lots of BIG bucks, but 99% will be laying in the middle of private pivots looking like a steer. I hunted C about 7 years ago, probably won't again. Went 2nd week of rifle and found deer in small pockets of otherwise gut-pile littered BLM lands. It was obvious that pressure during the opening weekend must have been intense, but on the bright side - we barely saw anyone. A couple larger tracts of BLM do exist on the northside of the highway and on the west? side of the river. I'd check those out. We were able to scrape out 2 or 3 buck sightings a day, but never saw anything bigger than 21-22".

Yep, hunted the Region once a long time ago and it's tough to see any numbers of deer if you don't have access to a private ranch. What limited BLM there is that is accessible gets pounded the first week and the description above about gut piles doesn't surprise me one bit. Figure on doing a lot of walking and praying if you're hunting on public land in C.

Thanks Guys Im trying to find some land owners that dont charge an arm an a leg for a tresspass fee, also looking south towards Kaycee looks like a lot more blm down there,
any suggestions on camping or motels in either areas?

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back