Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Region A general tag

Titan_Bow

Hi,
I'm looking to add a mulie hunt this year to my schedule, one that I can take my little boy on thats not too demanding but still offers a good experience. I've read that Region A has some good deer densities, and there seems to be an abundance of public land.
Does anyone have any experience with this area? It would be units 1-6, in the NE corner. Looks like alot of public in the Black Hills NF, and I think a section of thunder basin, plus a few isolated walk in areas. Can a guy get away from others easily? I initially was looking for roadless areas. I saw Inyan Kara, but it sounds like it can't be accessed??
Again, not looking for anyones specific areas, just some feedback on previous experience, or info that might help in my research.

thanks!

pretty tough for mulies, It can be done but not easy for mulies. whitetails are easier to find. the southern units are better for mulies

I haven't hunted up there for a long time, probably since 2003.

But, I didn't have much trouble finding mule deer, just not many good ones.

The best mule deer bucks I found were in the extreme northern part of the areas, but there isn't that much public to hunt. If you could gain access on some of the private (most of it is locked up by outfitters), you could do very well.

I found this buck bedded on private and after waiting several hours, he finally got up and hopped the fence onto public.

Img19.jpg

Mostly whitetails in the bear lodge along with lots of people but most don't get to far from their pickup.

Like the local gamewarden told me, Get on a private ranch and you will have a happy hunt.

Those units are hit hard. Inya Kara is not accessible, private surrounded. Landowners might allow trespass fee hunting if called.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back