MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Pronghorn Unit 43

geosvols

Four of us drew tags for Wyoming Unit 43. Does anyone have any information about the two Hunter Management Areas (HMAs), Diamond Lake and Laramie River HMAs, in this unit? Which HMA would you recommend, thoughts on access, terrain, etc? Also, does anyone know of any landowners that may be contacted about paying a trespass fee? Any info about this unit would be helpful.

Not familiar with 43, but I see in the HMA rules that you can only hunt one or the other this season. Also, be aware that the LR HMA is closed opening weekend and part of it opens on 9/17 and two of the ranches don't open until 9/22. That may be part of your decision making process if you weren't aware of those stipulations. You can usually contact the nearest G&F Office to get information on ranches that allow access for a few. A number of places allow free doe hunts.

I have to admit I scrolled down real quick to read Cushman's reply but obvioulsly he is a little slow today. What a bummer!!!! Sorry Geosvols, I don't know anything about unit 43.

Cushman just woke up...lol

Geosvols...there's no antelope in Wyoming, contrary to popular belief

Actually, I think I remember seeing an antelope in the Rodeo Bar in Hulett. But it might of only been a Jack-a-lope.

I can't recall for sure, I'd had a few beers. ;)

No info on Laramie River or tresspass fees. If you can shoot straight you should have no problem getting your pronghorn if you aren't holding out for a monster buck. Rolling terrain separated by big flat areas. Most of the vegetation is not tall enough to hide you, so terrain will be your friend. Expect lots of company.

1pointer hit it on the head for you.Shouldnt have a problem killing a buck if your able to walk out of sight of your truck without getting scared like the locals

Yep. Put on a pack and take off if you want to find a good one. It is like any other kind of hunting in tha you need to get away from the road warriors to have a real special hunt. Antelope are the easiest thing in the world to hunt because they live in country where you can find them from a long way off.

Have fun and hunt hard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back