Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Pronghorn 2023

Kjwink

Only one point means your options for units are so limited that I'm afraid you don't have many options to be picky over. The good news is antelope habitat is generally easy to get around in.

Honestly though, if this is truly a dream you've had and you are genuinely concerned about your physical ability to pull off the hunt, paying special draw prices to hunt a marginal Wyoming unit with crowds of hunters might not be worth it if you're willing and able to go guided.

If I were in your shoes I'd seriously consider private land options in New Mexico. You can find a trespass style hunt and possibly get a deal on buying two tags instead of one, hunt private with a chance at good bucks and maybe the ability to glass from the truck some. I'd look for DIY or unguided though, I think having a guide over your shoulder would take the fun out of pronghorn hunting.

That's just my advice for if you go guided, I think it's still very possible for you to draw a tag in Wyoming and get on some antelope.
That's great advice!

Commutair

24 is not as good as it used to be. Plus there have already been a lot of hunters fighting for bucks. Also it now takes points which is nuts.

CGeminski42

With one point you will probably only be able to draw an area in the eastern part of WY, which is mostly private land and hunts with outfitters. Do your research.... Google, hunt forums, facebook groups, etc and you can find a decent hunt that is not that expensive.

bpitt

...have you thought about applying for doe tags? You could keep building points, and use a doe tag to learn an area and bag a doe. That's what we've done for the last 4 years now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danny Dinkey Adventures