Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming point creep. How bad will it be for the NR elk draw this year?

So is it kosher to post a unit number and ask for info on what is likely a once in a lifetime hunt for me? I don't want to be "that guy", but it's not exactly spot burning. I did my research before applying.
It’s been my observation that if you advertise what tag you drew publically, that the recipient would usually get some messages from folks in the DM that did the hunt in the past. Usually because they know how long it took them to draw it.

Disclaimer - I could be wrong. I literally have no idea what I’m doing.

There was a tag that was 100% with less than 6 points last year that went to 54% odds with less than 9 points. Love that

Edit: and they didn’t drop tag numbers significantly in the unit

So was point creep artificially high because of the looming price increases and all of the licensing services telling everyone to jump in? Will it reverse next year? Does it go up even more from here?

So was point creep artificially high because of the looming price increases and all of the licensing services telling everyone to jump in? Will it reverse next year? Does it go up even more from here?
Million dollar question there in regards to the special/regular draw split when the price increase happens.

I can’t see the regular draw getting any better ever (barring huge increases in regular prices). Special general should get a fair amount better next year but LQ units will likely continue to creep even in the special I think

Million dollar question there in regards to the special/regular draw split when the price increase happens.

I can’t see the regular draw getting any better ever (barring huge increases in regular prices). Special general should get a fair amount better next year but LQ units will likely continue to creep even in the special I think
I think it will be a one deal year for better odds in the special. People and the application services will point out how good the odds were in the special, and the following year will be as bad or worse.

I think a few people may stomp their feet, throw their sucker in the dirt, and hold their breath next year and "show them" by not applying in the special due to the fee increase. After they see the improved odds, they'll wipe the dirt off their suckers and apply special again.

I mean its not really that much of a price difference from 1200 to 1950. I think most people shelling out for the special aren't going to slowed down by $750 dollars. Chump change in the scheme of NR elk hunting.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back