Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Mule Deer Region F

Jchristians

I was Drawn for a Region f Genral Mule deer tag. My farther and I are going out this fall this is our first mule deer hunt. I will be huntng with a rifle. We where out in Unit 56 last fall for an elk hunt which is in region F. just looking for some info from people that have drawn this tag in the past or are knoledgeable about the area. still trying to find dates that work because im still in school so trying to work around football is tricky. Thank you in advance.

We hunted there a few years probably 4 years ago. Hunted in sunlight. Up by Windy mountain, there were some descent bucks in there, never hit a good snow storm though. But dam the grizzlies, thicker than shit in there! Good luck, be safe!

We hunted there a few years probably 4 years ago. Hunted in sunlight. Up by Windy mountain, there were some descent bucks in there, never hit a good snow storm though. But dam the grizzlies, thicker than shit in there! Good luck, be safe!
thank you, how did you do?

Thanks Perma going into fall of 2023 with 15 points for deer . Was told unit 119 region F Wyoming was a good bet to shoot an average Muley . Hoping guys that have hunted there in recent years might share their experience .

Thanks Perma going into fall of 2023 with 15 points for deer . Was told unit 119 region F Wyoming was a good bet to shoot an average Muley . Hoping guys that have hunted there in recent years might share their experience .
So are you trying to get a unit 119 tag or a region f tag? The region tags are general for residents

Edit: Just looked it up. I bet you’re after a unit 119 type 1 tag which is a November rut hunt and would make sense with you having 15 points. Don’t apply for a region f general tag. I have seen some okay bucks in that unit after season. Like December or later. Never hunted the season however.

Last edited:
No! You dont even know what you dont know: 119 and region F are 2 different tags and within 119 theres 2 tags neither of which is worth 15 points go down to the late i80 tags.

So are you trying to get a unit 119 tag or a region f tag? The region tags are general for residents

Edit: Just looked it up. I bet you’re after a unit 119 type 1 tag which is a November rut hunt and would make sense with you having 15 points. Don’t apply for a region f general tag. I have seen some okay bucks in that unit after season. Like December or later. Never hunted the season however.
Correct type 1 for unit 119 . Was told we most likely would not be able to draw another better unit such as the i-80 south units ? Thinking that would be a migration hunt ?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back