Wyoming Hunt 2011 - Team Pronghorn Junkies

24 days, 6,729 miles, $1,547.71 on gas, 5 premier areas, zero 90-inch antelope.

But we did kill some big ones! :) All the bucks are mid-80's.

Here's a super massive Area 60 buck. Chris Denton took this buck within a few hours of meeting me at camp.
IMG_0202.jpg

Here's a 16" buck with 6" prongs! Jason Thoune hunted a few days before closing the deal.
IMG_1089.jpg

Todd Romsa took this buck with great mass.
DSC00438.jpg

Here's my buck. This was the second live photo I posted. I decided to shoot the buck with hooks and when I got to him he had broken his horn tip. Then I went back to see if this buck had shown up and there he was, standing right where I originally took the photos.
Eli's antelope 033sml.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome bucks. You definitely deserve them from the sounds of all the effort you put in.

Congrats. Looks like you and Van are saving the Pronghorn Junkies' season. Ol' Fin has been a dead weight. Big sigh of relief to see you have shot that one. Looks like lots of fun.

Oak: You know, I honestly expected to see one or two, but even as late as we went we were still being told by our friends in Casper that we were probably still too early. Wyoming is weird that way I guess.

Although, there was this one buck that, looking back at the photos, had a definite chance at hitting 90. He was weird looking, though, and at the time we were in hot pursuit of another buck. So, I just took some quick photos and we went after the other buck. We killed the other buck, so we never went back to look at him again.

Which brings me to another thing - I'm really looking forward to next year up there. I'm very curious to see how many of these bucks we'll be able to relocate. In AZ and NM it's fairly easy to relocate bucks from previous years. In Wyoming I'm expecting it might be more difficult because of how much the bucks up there move around.

Duck-Slayer: I wish we had enough business to go around. Since this was our first year in Wyoming we actually only had two clients (the rest were either family or friends). I'm hoping we're able to expand a bit, but we'll see how it goes at the SCI Convention.

Great looking bucks Eli, congrats. All the bucks pictured are shooters in my book..

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back