Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming elk unit 63/64. Worth 13 points?

jaeger63

I'm Tony Cleveland and new to this site. I've been building points in Wy for 12 years now. I'll be applying in 2021 with 13 points. I actually submitted my app this year for a type 9 in 45. I pulled my app due to work schedule uncertainty because of the covid pandemic. I was pretty sure 45 was the unit I wanted to burn my points on. Now I'm second guessing myself. Ive always wanted to do an archery horseback hunt deep into the mountains. Ive been researching elk areas 63/64. I might be able to draw it in 2021 in the special draw but not a guarantee. I'm 56 now and this will most likely be my one and only upper tier unit I ever draw as a non resident. Ive always been a DIY hunter in Colorado but because Id like to do a horseback hunt, and with the grizzly situation, maybe a guided hunt would be the way to go. Id appreciate any info from folks who have first hand knowledge of the unit as well as outfitters for that area. Ive hunted Colorado GMU 61 and would be willing to share info with anyone who has there sights set on that unit in Colorado. Thanks much

I haven't hunted 63/64 elk for elk. However, I have been there scouting and vacationing and hunted elk in bordering units. I know some will say no its not worth the points. However, they are absolute great elk units and really great places to hunt elk. Enjoy and hope you draw good luck!

Thanks 88 man. I'll continue to research it. I have until Jan of 2021 before I have to apply for the draw.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back