Wyoming Elk Draw Proposed

I noticed in the most recent Wyoming Game and Fish newsletter that the 2020 non resident elk app deadline is January 31, matching what it has been in years past. I wasn’t able to find anything online stating what the new drawing/draw results dates are for non residents so I thought I’d bump this thread to see if anyone can provide any further information. If the drawing date has been pushed back as mentioned throughout this thread I’d be curious if there is a later cancellation date for non resident elk apps.

Thanks.

App period for NR ELK Jan 1 - Jan 31
change period extended to May 8
results no more than 2 weeks after change period ends

Understand that in the change period you cannot switch draws ie; from regular to special to reduced price. Nor can you add a party member. If you are unsure, get something on paper by Jan 31 and change areas or withdraw later.

Last edited:
They caved to the outfitters, unsurprisingly.
? ha.

Whimper whimper...

Meanwhile, there are hunters planning to draw in WY this year as they are banking on the tears about the schedule resulting in increased pref point only decisions.

? ha.

Whimper whimper...

Meanwhile, there are hunters planning to draw in WY this year as they are banking on the tears about the schedule resulting in increased pref point only decisions.

I'm certainly not crying about it. I was actually in favor of them moving the draw back. What doesn't make sense is that the changes were made so that the NR draw would happen after seasons and quotas were finalized, yet NR hunters still need to submit their applications before that happens. It would make sense that people know that hunts they are applying for will actually happen. It's not logical and the only reason for it is that outfitters want to tie up clients before other states. You've mistaken my stating of a fact for whining. I'm actually looking forward to using this to my advantage.

App period for NR ELK Jan 1 - Jan 31
change period extended to May 8
results no more than 2 weeks after change period ends

Understand that in the change period you cannot switch draws ie; from regular to special to reduced price. Nor can you add a party member. If you are unsure, get something on paper by Jan 31 and change areas or withdraw later.
Is this a for sure thing? I am having a hell of a time finding it on Wyoming’s website.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back