Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming DRAFT Quotas

But...if you pay Dax, you can shoot all the cows you want.

How is he going to accommodate 350 elk hunters? Lots of "if's" in his replies...

Funny stuff...and Dax could have been taking hunters out as "time permits" for the last decade for free to kill all the raghorns he wanted to kill. Still don't need a raghorn tag to do it now.

Good luck getting on the "list" and getting to hunt "when time permits if we have an employee or guide"...funny stuff.

As far as bulls better tending cows, the herd is way over objective...and cow to calf ratio's have been over 30 per 100. Not seeing how the cows aren't being "tended".

facechat comments on the subject

Maybe it'll work but if it was a mess for cows I don't see it being any less for Bulls.

Dax McCarty

Steve Garrett
I can tell you that Wagonhound is a proponent of trying this for a year or two to reduce bull numbers and hopefully help with trophy quality. We won't be selling management hunts and will be taking local hunters out to kill bulls. If this passes I would encourage people who draw a type 2 license to get in touch with me through email. There's an email link on our website at wagonhoundoutfitters
I'll be working off of a list and we will be taking people out as much as possible.

• Paul Threlkeld
    Dax McCarty
    how will less bulls grow bigger bulls?

• Paul Threlkeld
    Bryan Ketchum
    they won’t open it for cow hunting so why would they open it up for bulls.

• Dax McCarty
    Bryan Ketchum
    you're correct in that we personally won't "open access" but we will be making an effort to take local people out with a guide or employee.

• Dax McCarty
    Paul Threlkeld
    the bull to cow ratio is over 52 bulls to 100 Cows and the area is managed for 30-40. Less bulls will allow for the more mature bulls to better tend to cow's.

• Paul Threlkeld
    Dax McCarty
    you’ll take resident hunters to kill bulls for no fee?

• Dax McCarty
    Paul Threlkeld
    Again......yes

• Paul Threlkeld
    Dax McCarty
    cool!

• Paul Threlkeld
    Dax McCarty
    I wish you would have been doing it for cows in the past.

• Dax McCarty
    Paul Threlkeld
    we did it for cows years ago for several years and it was a mess. It's a big endeavor and a lot to ask of landowners to take the responsibility and all of the financial burden to get the herd in check. We have always done a youth hunt and plan to continue to but we're not going to turn people loose.
So will type 2 be resident only? After reading this i would think has to be or it will become a "management outfitted hunt" since no where else to hunt. Who is going to risk there only bull tag on hope of access, this should all be prearranged including applicants. My suggestion is this needs to be changed to a general ranghorn hunt, that way if access become issue tag valid elsewhere and signup list could start immediately

So will type 2 be resident only? After reading this i would think has to be or it will become a "management outfitted hunt" since no where else to hunt. Who is going to risk there only bull tag on hope of access, this should all be prearranged including applicants. My suggestion is this needs to be changed to a general ranghorn hunt, that way if access become issue tag valid elsewhere and signup list could start immediately
Someone's getting if figured out...trust me, there's more to the story and it involves paying clients. Its all about too many busted bulls, nothing to do with tending cows...

I smell rags burning...someone's pants are on fire.

No, it won't be Resident only.

Someone's getting if figured out...trust me, there's more to the story and it involves paying clients. Its all about too many busted bulls, nothing to do with tending cows...

True that it's not limited to residents. Nonresident deadline has already past so they'd have to go back and modify their application before 5/10. Any bets that some someone is going select that as their first choice and inadvertently burn 10-11 points on a raghorn only tag??

Is the commission in the loop on this or is the April meeting going to get all bogged in it?

True that it's not limited to residents. Nonresident deadline has already past so they'd have to go back and modify their application before 5/10. Any bets that some someone is going select that as their first choice and inadvertently burn 10-11 points on a raghorn only tag??
Can you modify your application?

I see the hunt we tried for is crossed out in red digital ink.

Can you modify your application?

I see the hunt we tried for is crossed out in red digital ink.
Yes. Just log in to the portal and you can modify or withdraw your application. However, I would suggest waiting until the quota numbers are finalized. Right now they are just proposals.

where is the best place to easily view at least several years of antelope buck and doe quotas, like maybe in one table.

where is the best place to easily view at least several years of antelope buck and doe quotas, like maybe in one table.
Not a good place, but you can look at job completion reports and put it together. GoHunt has done a 5 year history for their subscribers in unit profiles.

Did the final draft come out yet?
Its the same as the latest draft quotas...the commission didnt change any quotas from the 4-5-2021 drafts for anything.

Back